RH9: How do I replace the ugly XScreenSaver unlock box? - Linux

This is a discussion on RH9: How do I replace the ugly XScreenSaver unlock box? - Linux ; My Redhat 9 computer uses gnome. When I select "Lock the screen" from the menu, it goes into screen saver mode. When I move the mouse or touch the keyboard, an ugly XScreenSaver unlock dialog box with even uglier fonts ...

  1. RH9: How do I replace the ugly XScreenSaver unlock box?

    My Redhat 9 computer uses gnome. When I select "Lock the screen" from
    the menu, it goes into screen saver mode. When I move the mouse or touch
    the keyboard, an ugly XScreenSaver unlock dialog box with even uglier
    fonts comes up.

    How do I replace this XScreenSaver unlock dialog box with something that
    looks better?

    Thank you in advance

  2. Re: RH9: How do I replace the ugly XScreenSaver unlock box?

    Jorge Padron wrote:
    > My Redhat 9 computer uses gnome. When I select "Lock the screen" from
    > the menu, it goes into screen saver mode. When I move the mouse or touch
    > the keyboard, an ugly XScreenSaver unlock dialog box with even uglier
    > fonts comes up.
    >
    > How do I replace this XScreenSaver unlock dialog box with something that
    > looks better?

    If you want to change the image you can replace the
    /usr/share/pixmaps/xscreensaver.xpm with an image of your
    choice. just name it xscreensaver.xpm

    --
    Confucius: He who play in root, eventually kill tree.
    Registered with The Linux Counter. http://counter.li.org/

  3. Re: RH9: How do I replace the ugly XScreenSaver unlock box?

    David wrote:
    > Jorge Padron wrote:
    >
    >> My Redhat 9 computer uses gnome. When I select "Lock the screen" from
    >> the menu, it goes into screen saver mode. When I move the mouse or
    >> touch the keyboard, an ugly XScreenSaver unlock dialog box with even
    >> uglier fonts comes up.
    >>
    >> How do I replace this XScreenSaver unlock dialog box with something
    >> that looks better?

    > If you want to change the image you can replace the
    > /usr/share/pixmaps/xscreensaver.xpm with an image of your choice. just
    > name it xscreensaver.xpm

    Thank you for your reply, I mostly want to replace the whole dialog box
    with one that looks like the gnome bluecurve theme. If that is not
    possible, I'd like to at least be able to replace the dialog box fonts
    with antialiased fonts.

  4. Re: RH9: How do I replace the ugly XScreenSaver unlock box?

    Jorge Padron wrote:

    > Thank you for your reply, I mostly want to replace the whole dialog box
    > with one that looks like the gnome bluecurve theme. If that is not
    > possible, I'd like to at least be able to replace the dialog box fonts
    > with antialiased fonts.

    Ok then I think you need to look through the
    /etc/X11/app-defaults/XScreenSaver file to see what you can change.

    --
    Confucius: He who play in root, eventually kill tree.
    Registered with The Linux Counter. http://counter.li.org/
    Slackware 9.1.0 Kernel 2.4.22 SMP i686 (GCC) 3.3.2
    Uptime: 39 days, 23:26, 1 user, load average: 1.17, 1.10, 1.09

+ Reply to Thread