How do I Install update and /or exe. file on red hat - Linux

This is a discussion on How do I Install update and /or exe. file on red hat - Linux ; i know i have a lot of reading to do I was looking for quick help! would you mind....

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: How do I Install update and /or exe. file on red hat

  1. How do I Install update and /or exe. file on red hat

    i know i have a lot of reading to do I was looking for quick help!
    would you mind.

  2. Re: How do I Install update and /or exe. file on red hat

    On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 21:24:54 +0000, HARSCHFLOORLAYER wrote:

    > i know i have a lot of reading to do I was looking for quick help! would
    > you mind.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    i know i have a lot of reading to do I was
    > looking for quick help!

    >
    would you mind.


    Step 1:

    Don't post HTML to newsgroups.

    I stopped reading at "
    --
    i.m.
    The USA Patriot Act is the most unpatriotic act in American history.


  3. Re: How do I Install update and /or exe. file on red hat

    HARSCHFLOORLAYER wrote:

    > ... looking for quick help!


    .... dont post in html
    ..
    --
    /// Michael J. Tobler: motorcyclist, surfer, skydiver, \\\
    \\\ and author: "Inside Linux", "C++ HowTo", "C++ Unleashed" ///



  4. Re: How do I Install update and /or exe. file on red hat

    On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 16:28:23 -0600, Ivan Marsh wrote:

    > Step 1:
    >
    > Don't post HTML to newsgroups.
    >
    > I stopped reading at "

    By which time the important content was already complete, anyway. (Any
    text after preceding it.)

    Step 2: Be specific. *Which* programs do you want to install? How
    are they offered to you (.tar.gz, .tar.bz2, .rpm)?

    Step 3: You don't need to crosspost to *that* many newsgroups. I suggest
    limiting yourself to three or so.


  5. Re: How do I Install update and /or exe. file on red hat

    "Ed Murphy" wrote in message
    newsan.2003.11.05.08.36.46.298440@socal.rr.com

    >> Don't post HTML to newsgroups.
    >> I stopped reading at "
    >
    > By which time the important content was already complete, anyway.
    > (Any text after > plaintext preceding it.)


    Really? Here's the article in question:
    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=GIzpb.284602$9l5.75143@pd7tw2no






    -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
    http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
    -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

  6. Re: How do I Install update and /or exe. file on red hat

    " HARSCHFLOORLAYER" wrote in message news:...
    > i know i have a lot of reading to do I was looking for quick help!
    > would you mind.
    > --


    rpm -ivh package.rpm

  7. Re: How do I Install update and /or exe. file on red hat

    On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 08:07:14 -0800, ynotssor wrote:

    > "Ed Murphy" wrote in message
    > newsan.2003.11.05.08.36.46.298440@socal.rr.com


    >>> Don't post HTML to newsgroups.
    >>> I stopped reading at "


    >> By which time the important content was already complete, anyway.
    >> (Any text after >> plaintext preceding it.)


    > Really? Here's the article in question:
    > http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=GIzpb.284602$9l5.75143@pd7tw2no


    Um, it shows just the plaintext part. This would seem to back up
    my point, rather than refuting it... am I missing something?

    (Actually, my second sentence was a bit off. The text starting
    with contained all the important content of the HTML. As with most
    HTML-ized mail/news messages, the layout tags within the HTML were
    pretty much 100% superfluous.)


  8. Re: How do I Install update and /or exe. file on red hat

    test.

    Xyerp wrote:
    > " HARSCHFLOORLAYER" wrote in message news:...
    >
    >>i know i have a lot of reading to do I was looking for quick help!
    >>would you mind.
    >>--

    >
    >
    > rpm -ivh package.rpm



  9. Re: How do I Install update and /or exe. file on red hat

    me wrote:
    > test.
    >
    > Xyerp wrote:
    >
    >> " HARSCHFLOORLAYER" wrote in message
    >> news:...
    >>
    >>> i know i have a lot of reading to do I was looking for quick help!
    >>> would you mind.
    >>> --

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> rpm -ivh package.rpm

    >
    >


    Or.. if you are using xwindows, use Gnorpm.


  10. Re: How do I Install update and /or exe. file on red hat

    Anna wrote:
    > me wrote:
    >> Xyerp wrote:
    >>> " HARSCHFLOORLAYER" wrote in message
    >>>> i know i have a lot of reading to do I was looking for quick help!
    >>>> would you mind.
    >>> rpm -ivh package.rpm

    > Or.. if you are using xwindows, use Gnorpm.



    From GnoRPM homepage:
    GnoRPM is a graphical front end to the RPM package management system. I wrote
    it and maintained it up til the end of 1999 (around the 0.9 release). You can
    find GnoRPM here:

    * http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gnorpm/

    Note that GnoRPM is targetted at the Gnome 1.x libraries, and doesn't support
    the latest versions of rpm yet. You might want to look at Nautilus RPM
    instead, which I am developping on and off.



    Most distros of today comes with Gnome2, which isn't compat with Gnome (more
    than the 5 first characters of the desktops names are the same), but of
    course, they may still have the Gnome libs included, so that you still can run
    Gnome applications, but do not count on it.

    Learning to use the commands/functions is a lot better, as that will work,
    regadles of what lousy frontend is installed.


    //Aho