linux user admin in a lab seting - Linux

This is a discussion on linux user admin in a lab seting - Linux ; Hi I want to allow a labmanaer at a school to add/remove and changepassword for a certian user group used in a Linux lab (all machines start Xwin and loggin to a server) . teh group students needs to be ...

  1. linux user admin in a lab seting

    Hi

    I want to allow a labmanaer at a school to add/remove and
    changepassword for a certian user group used in a Linux lab (all
    machines start Xwin and loggin to a server) . teh group students needs
    to be admin by a user labadmin who needs to be able to create/delete
    and change passwords how would I go about this?

  2. Re: linux user admin in a lab seting

    news:b6bf97d5.0310281702.481d45d2@posting.google.c om

    Sounds like a job for sudo: http://www.courtesan.com/sudo/

    --
    use hotmail com for any email replies

  3. Re: linux user admin in a lab seting

    "ynotssor" <"ynotssor"> wrote in message news:<3f9f49be_3@corp.newsgroups.com>...
    > "rob merritt" wrote in message
    > news:b6bf97d5.0310281702.481d45d2@posting.google.c om
    >
    > > I want to allow a labmanaer at a school to add/remove and
    > > changepassword for a certian user group used in a Linux lab (all
    > > machines start Xwin and loggin to a server) . teh group students needs
    > > to be admin by a user labadmin who needs to be able to create/delete
    > > and change passwords how would I go about this?

    > Sounds like a job for sudo: http://www.courtesan.com/sudo/

    Also sounds like a job for User Mode Linux...

+ Reply to Thread