Dual boot windows me with suse linux 8.0 - Linux

This is a discussion on Dual boot windows me with suse linux 8.0 - Linux ; Hi I have a 20 GB hard disk which I patritioned into 4 partitions. 6GB windows primary 5GB windows extended 300 mb swap linux 8 gb linux I loaded up windows on it 1st and then I installed suse linux ...

  1. Dual boot windows me with suse linux 8.0

    Hi I have a 20 GB hard disk which I patritioned into 4 partitions.
    6GB windows primary
    5GB windows extended
    300 mb swap linux
    8 gb linux

    I loaded up windows on it 1st and then I installed suse linux 8.0 but
    put the LILO into a floppy drive.
    So when I boot form the hard disk I get windows and when I boot form
    the Floppy I get Suse linux.
    My question is how can I boot without using the floppy and still
    choose what OS to load. Do I have to change the boot.ini file or can I
    copy the LILO somewhere and make modifications to see the windows os.
    Any help will be highly appreciated.
    Thanks

  2. Re: Dual boot windows me with suse linux 8.0

    There are programs out there that can let you do this. I use a program
    by powerquest called bootmagic, but I'm sure there are free ones out there.

    AC

    dave wrote:
    > Hi I have a 20 GB hard disk which I patritioned into 4 partitions.
    > 6GB windows primary
    > 5GB windows extended
    > 300 mb swap linux
    > 8 gb linux
    >
    > I loaded up windows on it 1st and then I installed suse linux 8.0 but
    > put the LILO into a floppy drive.
    > So when I boot form the hard disk I get windows and when I boot form
    > the Floppy I get Suse linux.
    > My question is how can I boot without using the floppy and still
    > choose what OS to load. Do I have to change the boot.ini file or can I
    > copy the LILO somewhere and make modifications to see the windows os.
    > Any help will be highly appreciated.
    > Thanks

  3. Re: Dual boot windows me with suse linux 8.0

    hello there,

    u can easily dual boot from lilo ! or even grub boot loader is there !
    chek out man pages for it.

    x42une@yahoo.com (dave) wrote in message news:...
    > Hi I have a 20 GB hard disk which I patritioned into 4 partitions.
    > 6GB windows primary
    > 5GB windows extended
    > 300 mb swap linux
    > 8 gb linux
    >
    > I loaded up windows on it 1st and then I installed suse linux 8.0 but
    > put the LILO into a floppy drive.
    > So when I boot form the hard disk I get windows and when I boot form
    > the Floppy I get Suse linux.
    > My question is how can I boot without using the floppy and still
    > choose what OS to load. Do I have to change the boot.ini file or can I
    > copy the LILO somewhere and make modifications to see the windows os.
    > Any help will be highly appreciated.
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread