I am an apache newbie and I installed apache 2.0.xxx from my redhat 8
cd.
I am trying to enable the mod_ssl package or rather configure my
apache service to have ssl functionalities.
I understand that the mod_ssl package was specifically built for
version Apache 1.3.xx
How can I most easily configure ssl for my apache 2.0.40 without
editing my "already" hacked httpd.conf file ?

is there a patch or a command I can run to "activate" the ssl
capability in Apache 2.0.40 to automatically enable the mod_ssl
capability if it is already included in apache 2xxx ?

Any referrals or information to help me set this ssl up, will be
helpful.

thanks
odi