RedHat 9.0 has broken multithreading ... ?? - Linux

This is a discussion on RedHat 9.0 has broken multithreading ... ?? - Linux ; I have been told that: .... RedHat 9.0 has broken multithreading ... ?? Is this true? If yes, then is there an update/fix/patch/rpm for it? If yes, then is it possible to verify this? I have used the Red Hat ...

  1. RedHat 9.0 has broken multithreading ... ??

    I have been told that:

    .... RedHat 9.0 has broken multithreading ... ??

    Is this true?
    If yes, then is there an update/fix/patch/rpm for it?
    If yes, then is it possible to verify this?

    I have used the Red Hat Update Network to update all the rpms on my RH9 system.
    Will this help?

    If yes, then is it possible to verify that the problem is fixed?

  2. Re: RedHat 9.0 has broken multithreading ... ??

    "luther" wrote in message
    news:b184cb3d.0309291612.7c918114@posting.google.c om...
    > I have been told that:
    > ... RedHat 9.0 has broken multithreading ... ??
    > Is this true?

    No.

    -- Rex

  3. Re: RedHat 9.0 has broken multithreading ... ??

    lothario@email.com (luther) writes:

    > I have been told that:
    >
    > ... RedHat 9.0 has broken multithreading ... ??
    >
    > Is this true?

    Not exactly. RH 9 uses a new threading implementation which allows
    much better pthread support. Some applications which depended on the
    non-standard behavior in the old libraries may have problems.

    -K

  4. Re: RedHat 9.0 has broken multithreading ... ??

    On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 Kelly Burkhart wrote:
    >lothario@email.com (luther) writes:
    >
    >> I have been told that:
    >>
    >> ... RedHat 9.0 has broken multithreading ... ??
    >>
    >> Is this true?

    >Not exactly. RH 9 uses a new threading implementation which allows
    >much better pthread support. Some applications which depended on the
    >non-standard behavior in the old libraries may have problems.

    Yes and you can ofcourse do a system wide disable of NPTL by this:

    NPTL support for all dynamically-linked applications can be disabled
    by using the following boot-time option:

    nosysinfo

    Refer: /usr/share/doc/redhat-release-9/RELEASE-NOTES-i386

    V.

+ Reply to Thread