problem with ftp login as root - Linux

This is a discussion on problem with ftp login as root - Linux ; I've an FTP server (PROFTP) and I should authorize the login as root. What do I have to do? Thankyou very much. (Sorry for my bad english) Fearless...

  1. problem with ftp login as root

    I've an FTP server (PROFTP) and I should authorize the login as root. What
    do I have to do?
    Thankyou very much.
    (Sorry for my bad english)
    Fearless

  2. Re: problem with ftp login as root

    Fearless wrote:

    > I've an FTP server (PROFTP) and I should authorize the login as root. What
    > do I have to do?
    > Thankyou very much.
    > (Sorry for my bad english)
    > Fearless

    remove "root" from the file /etc/ftpusers

  3. Re: problem with ftp login as root

    On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 17:35:56 +0200, Fearless wrote:

    > I've an FTP server (PROFTP) and I should authorize the login as root. What
    > do I have to do?
    > Thankyou very much.
    > (Sorry for my bad english)
    > Fearless

    NOOOOOO

    use SSH to login remotely. FTP sends passwords in plain text, security warning>.

    Nuff said

    Your linux distro comes with an SSH server and client programs...use
    those.
    You can also use SCP to copy files in a secure way.

    Good Luck

    --
    GNU/Linux is God
    get used to it