How can I create a user with the same authority of root? - Linux

This is a discussion on How can I create a user with the same authority of root? - Linux ; I've to create a user that has the same athority of root. Have I just to add him to the "root" group? Thankyou very much. Fearless...

  1. How can I create a user with the same authority of root?

    I've to create a user that has the same athority of root. Have I just to add
    him to the "root" group?
    Thankyou very much.
    Fearless

  2. Re: How can I create a user with the same authority of root?

    Look at man 5 passwd. The third field is the numerical user
    ID, which is what is really used throughout the system. A value of 0
    is root. Any user with 0 for the user ID has super-user priviledge.
    Is this a good idea? Probably not. I have messed up a system
    many times logged in as root that would never happen as a mortal user.
    The sudo program is a pretty good alternative.

    On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 17:19:13 +0200, "Fearless"
    wrote:

    >I've to create a user that has the same athority of root. Have I just to add
    >him to the "root" group?
    >Thankyou very much.
    >Fearless

    Remove the underscores from the e-mail address.

+ Reply to Thread