to list files in a particular rpm - Linux

This is a discussion on to list files in a particular rpm - Linux ; Sir, I want to list the files that are in a particuar rpm through the "rpm " command. I tried rpm --list somename.rpm Please don't mistake me . I tried "man rpm" still helpless help me to list the files ...

  1. to list files in a particular rpm

    Sir,
    I want to list the files that are in a particuar rpm through the "rpm " command.
    I tried rpm --list somename.rpm
    Please don't mistake me .
    I tried "man rpm" still helpless
    help me to list the files in rpm file without installing the rpm file.

  2. Re: to list files in a particular rpm

    On 8 Sep 2003 06:16:10 -0700, karthikeyan wrote:
    > Sir,
    > I want to list the files that are in a particuar rpm through the "rpm " command.
    > I tried rpm --list somename.rpm

    try rpm -ql

  3. Re: to list files in a particular rpm

    On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 Bit Twister wrote:
    >On 8 Sep 2003 06:16:10 -0700, karthikeyan wrote:
    >> Sir,
    >> I want to list the files that are in a particuar rpm through the
    >> "rpm " command. I tried rpm --list somename.rpm

    >try rpm -ql

    And to list files from a rpm file you need the -p switch.

    rpm -qpl

    V.

  4. Re: to list files in a particular rpm

    On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 06:16:10 -0700, karthikeyan wrote:

    > Sir,
    > I want to list the files that are in a particuar rpm through the "rpm "
    > command. I tried rpm --list somename.rpm
    > Please don't mistake me .
    > I tried "man rpm" still helpless
    > help me to list the files in rpm file without installing the rpm file.

    $ rpm -qlp somename.rpm

    ( 'q' = query
    'l' = list files
    'p' = package name, as opposed to an installed rpm name )

+ Reply to Thread