clean up screen when logout - Linux

This is a discussion on clean up screen when logout - Linux ; Hello everybody When i am working on linux with out GUI and I logout. I still can see my commands. But i want a empty screen. So nobody can see my commands. Thank you in advance...

  1. clean up screen when logout

    Hello everybody

    When i am working on linux with out GUI and I logout. I still can see
    my commands. But i want a empty screen. So nobody can see my commands.

    Thank you in advance

  2. Re: clean up screen when logout

    "NetGuarder" wrote in message
    news:8e5fab1f.0309030012.349819b3@posting.google.c om...
    > Hello everybody
    >
    > When i am working on linux with out GUI and I logout. I still can see
    > my commands. But i want a empty screen. So nobody can see my commands.
    >
    > Thank you in advance

    I think you have to add or change a parameter in the mingetty lines within
    innittab. Then telinit ...
    --
    Jonathan.

  3. Re: clean up screen when logout

    If you are using bash, create ~/.bash_logout and put in any commands
    you like. Mine says

    clear

    Easy enough.

    NetGuarder wrote:
    > Hello everybody
    >
    > When i am working on linux with out GUI and I logout. I still can see
    > my commands. But i want a empty screen. So nobody can see my commands.
    >
    > Thank you in advance

+ Reply to Thread