How do I stop a bounced email returning the attachment as well? - Linux

This is a discussion on How do I stop a bounced email returning the attachment as well? - Linux ; How do I stop a bounced email returning the attachment as well? I use Redhat Linux 8.0 . I'm attempting to reduce my data transfer bills so I'm hoping this is some kind of header fix(sending) rather than a filter ...

  1. How do I stop a bounced email returning the attachment as well?

    How do I stop a bounced email returning the attachment as well? I use
    Redhat Linux 8.0 . I'm attempting to reduce my data transfer bills so
    I'm hoping this is some kind of header fix(sending) rather than a
    filter thing(recieving).

    Thanks for any help

  2. Re: How do I stop a bounced email returning the attachment as well?

    On 2 Sep 2003, Eddie wrote:

    > How do I stop a bounced email returning the attachment as well? I use
    > Redhat Linux 8.0 . I'm attempting to reduce my data transfer bills so
    > I'm hoping this is some kind of header fix(sending) rather than a
    > filter thing(recieving).

    What MTA are you using: Sendmail, Postfix, etc.?

  3. Re: How do I stop a bounced email returning the attachment as well?

    Whoever wrote in message news:...
    > On 2 Sep 2003, Eddie wrote:
    >
    > > How do I stop a bounced email returning the attachment as well? I use
    > > Redhat Linux 8.0 . I'm attempting to reduce my data transfer bills so
    > > I'm hoping this is some kind of header fix(sending) rather than a
    > > filter thing(recieving).

    > What MTA are you using: Sendmail, Postfix, etc.?

    Sendmail although we do have Postfix on the machine.

  4. Re: How do I stop a bounced email returning the attachment as well?

    On 4 Sep 2003, Eddie wrote:

    > Whoever wrote in message news:...
    > > On 2 Sep 2003, Eddie wrote:
    > >
    > > > How do I stop a bounced email returning the attachment as well? I use
    > > > Redhat Linux 8.0 . I'm attempting to reduce my data transfer bills so
    > > > I'm hoping this is some kind of header fix(sending) rather than a
    > > > filter thing(recieving).

    > > What MTA are you using: Sendmail, Postfix, etc.?

    > Sendmail although we do have Postfix on the machine.

    I expect that it is possible with Sendmail, but here what to put in
    Postfix's "main.cf" file:
    bounce_size_limit = 5000
    This will limit the bounce to 5000 bytes. You can use less or more as you
    wish. The default is 50000 bytes.

    Note that all this is well documented in the postfix documentation
    (/usr/share/doc/postfix...) and on the web:

    http://www.postfix.org/resource.html#size

+ Reply to Thread