How to mount Home directories using NIS NFS and automount - Linux

This is a discussion on How to mount Home directories using NIS NFS and automount - Linux ; Hi Can any one help me on mounting home directoreis of users using NIS NFS and automount features. Any help would be apprecarted. Regards Kiran...

  1. How to mount Home directories using NIS NFS and automount

    Hi

    Can any one help me on mounting home directoreis of users using NIS
    NFS and automount features.

    Any help would be apprecarted.

    Regards
    Kiran

  2. Re: How to mount Home directories using NIS NFS and automount

    http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/NFS-HOWTO

    On 1 Sep 2003 16:12:25 -0700, kiran_reddy_d@hotmail.com (Kiran Reddy)
    wrote:

    >Hi
    >

    >Can any one help me on mounting home directoreis of users using NIS
    >NFS and automount features.
    >
    >Any help would be apprecarted.
    >

    >Regards
    >Kiran

    ------------
    Remove the underscores from the e-mail address.

  3. Re: How to mount Home directories using NIS NFS and automount

    Kiran Reddy wrote:
    > Hi
    >

    > Can any one help me on mounting home directoreis of users using NIS
    > NFS and automount features.
    >
    > Any help would be apprecarted.

    1: Can you currently detect your NIS master, by typing "ypwhich" on your
    NIS client?

    2: Can you actually detect or mount things from your client, by running
    the command "showmount -e [NFS server name]" and trying to actually
    mount it somewhere reasonable?

    3: Does the NIS server publish appropriate "auto.master" NIS maps,
    detectable by typing "ypcat -k auto.master" on your NIS client?

    If all 3 of these are working, then we can look further into how to set
    things correctly on your particular Linux distribution. In fact, which
    distribution are you using?

+ Reply to Thread