Redhat 8.0 Linux system hang - Linux

This is a discussion on Redhat 8.0 Linux system hang - Linux ; Hello, Many of our SMP systems (IBM Z-pro)here running Redhat 8.0 with the 2.4.18-14smp freeze every few days. The /var/log/messages does not indicate anything particular. We can still ping the machine and it respond but it is imposible to log ...

  1. Redhat 8.0 Linux system hang

    Hello,

    Many of our SMP systems (IBM Z-pro)here running Redhat 8.0 with the
    2.4.18-14smp freeze every few days. The /var/log/messages does not
    indicate anything particular. We can still ping the machine and it
    respond but it is imposible to log in.

    Anybody experiencing the same problems?

    Any suggestion about how to solve or investigate the source of the
    problem?

    Thanks.

    Jean

  2. Re: Redhat 8.0 Linux system hang

    Our SMP system used to freeze up but it was because we were using SNARE
    to perform some system auditing. We have it fixed now.
    You might want to try upgrading the kernel to a 2.4.20 version.

    -Regards,
    Kyle

    Jean Blouin wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Many of our SMP systems (IBM Z-pro)here running Redhat 8.0 with the
    > 2.4.18-14smp freeze every few days. The /var/log/messages does not
    > indicate anything particular. We can still ping the machine and it
    > respond but it is imposible to log in.
    >
    > Anybody experiencing the same problems?
    >
    > Any suggestion about how to solve or investigate the source of the
    > problem?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Jean

+ Reply to Thread