problem using rpm package - Linux

This is a discussion on problem using rpm package - Linux ; Hi all, I am trying to create a rpm package. In the spec file %install section *** %install mkdir -p /usr/local/flashupdt/drivers/ install -s -m 755 -o 0 -g mouse /usr/local/flashupdt/drivers/mouse *** The install command creates a "mouse?" file in /usr/local/flashupdt/drivers/ ...

  1. problem using rpm package

    Hi all,
    I am trying to create a rpm package.
    In the spec file %install section

    ***
    %install
    mkdir -p /usr/local/flashupdt/drivers/
    install -s -m 755 -o 0 -g mouse /usr/local/flashupdt/drivers/mouse
    ***

    The install command creates a "mouse?" file in /usr/local/flashupdt/drivers/
    intsead of mouse.

    The same command works fine on command line.
    I have also tried using cp command.
    I am getting same results

    Could you please tell me why this is happening?

    Thanks,
    Jitesh

  2. Re: problem using rpm package

    --
    Best Regards, Keith AOL IM:kilowattradio
    NW Oregon Radio http://kilowatt-radio.org/

+ Reply to Thread