Openldap ./configure errors - Linux

This is a discussion on Openldap ./configure errors - Linux ; checking for Berkeley DB link (default)... no checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb41)... no checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-41)... no checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4.1)... yes checking for Berkeley DB thread support... no checking Berkeley DB version for ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Openldap ./configure errors

  1. Openldap ./configure errors

    checking for Berkeley DB link (default)... no

    checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb41)... no

    checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-41)... no

    checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4.1)... yes

    checking for Berkeley DB thread support... no

    checking Berkeley DB version for BDB backend... no

    configure: error: BDB: BerkeleyDB version incompatible





    I get the above errors when I try to ./configure openldap to work with
    Berkely DB.

    I have used other commands to set the environment correctly:

    env CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/include \

    LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/lib \

    ../configure --enable-ldbm --prefix=/usr/local/openldap-2.1.22 \

    --enable-monitor

    Also I did a search on db.h/ndb.h and (libdb*.{a,so}), and I found many
    versions of the same file such as 4.0, 4.1, etc as well as different date
    stamps for files call db.h in various directories. Now how do I get all
    those files to work coherently with Openldap and Berkeley DB 4.1? Thank you.

    Yossarian



  2. Re: Openldap ./configure errors

    Hallo!


    > checking for Berkeley DB link (default)... no
    >
    > checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb41)... no
    >
    > checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-41)... no
    >
    > checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4.1)... yes
    >
    > checking for Berkeley DB thread support... no
    >
    > checking Berkeley DB version for BDB backend... no
    >
    > configure: error: BDB: BerkeleyDB version incompatible


    Part of the result of a (failed) configure process should always be
    a configure.log (or similar) that contains all lowelevel actions
    the script did. Take a look at it which statement (likely a little
    test compile/link) the configure executed and in which error message
    this resulted. Try to do the same manually on the console.

    This should show you the problem in more detail (perhaps wrong search
    paths, etc..).

    --
    Gruß...
    Tim.

+ Reply to Thread