Is there a unix command
1. to label a tape? write "tape1", "tape2", etc to the tape.
2. to tell whether a tape is blank (no data)?
3. to tell a tape is write-protected?
4. to tell a tape drive is empty (no tape is inserted)?
5. What is the difference between tar and ufsdump?
Re: tape command
"John Mellor" <email@example.com> wrote in message
> Let's assume (since this is a Linux mailing list) that[/color]
Usenet is *not* a "mailing list."
use hotmail com for any email replies
-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
[url]http://www.newsfeeds.com[/url] - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----