GNU software compromised : Cert Advisory - Linux

This is a discussion on GNU software compromised : Cert Advisory - Linux ; > Source: CERT/CC > > A complete revision history is at the end of this file. > > Overview > > The CERT/CC has received a report that the system housing the > primary FTP servers for the GNU software ...

  1. GNU software compromised : Cert Advisory

    From: "CERT Advisory"
    Subject: CERT Advisory CA-2003-21 GNU Project FTP Server Compromise
    Date: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 7:17 PM

  2. Re: GNU software compromised : Cert Advisory

    On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 22:22:56 -0400, Ken Kauffman wrote:

    >> Source: CERT/CC
    >>
    >> A complete revision history is at the end of this file.
    >>
    >> Overview

    I noticed a M$ weenie posted this. Is it for real?

    Haven't heard a word about it anyplace else.

    Alan C

  3. Re: GNU software compromised : Cert Advisory

    Alan Connor wrote:
    > On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 22:22:56 -0400, Ken Kauffman
    > wrote:
    >>

    >>> Source: CERT/CC
    >>>
    >>> A complete revision history is at the end of this file.
    >>>
    >>> Overview
    >>>

    > I noticed a M$ weenie posted this. Is it for real?
    >

    > Haven't heard a word about it anyplace else.
    >

    > Alan C

    I used OE with OE -QuoteFix. Don't be a prick about it. I don't care for
    the way filtering works in PAN when filtering threads by user. It seems to
    strip out part of the thread up to your own name.

    If you had taken two damn seconds to check CERT.org you would have seen it.

    ken k

  4. Re: GNU software compromised : Cert Advisory

    On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 04:06:27 +0000, Alan Connor wrote:

    >>> Source: CERT/CC

    > I noticed a M$ weenie posted this. Is it for real?
    > Haven't heard a word about it anyplace else.

    It's real. Heard about it on Slashdot earlier today.

    http://ftp.gnu.org/MISSING-FILES.README
    http://ftp.gnu.org/MISSING-FILES

+ Reply to Thread