track many users - Linux

This is a discussion on track many users - Linux ; Hi! i need to setup a network for 1-n (n the network with some random generated username and password. each username stands for certain amout of time that user can be logged on (or amout of bytes downloaded): ie. username ...

  1. track many users

    Hi!

    i need to setup a network for 1-n (n < 5000) users. they will identify to
    the network with some random generated username and password. each username
    stands for certain amout of time that user can be logged on (or amout of
    bytes downloaded): ie. username 01-AA-01 can stand that user logged under
    this lg.name can be online for max 60minutes (or 10MB to download).

    is there a way to do that ??
    thx

  2. Re: track many users

    Can you write shell scripts. Seems pretty easy. Just write a script
    that gets activated by the users .profile at logon and go from there.
    If you need one written please email me and I will discuss it with
    you.

    Chris May LPI-C SCSA
    Unix Admin
    Columbus Hospital
    cmay@columbushospital.org

    "A" wrote in message news:...
    > Hi!
    >
    > i need to setup a network for 1-n (n < 5000) users. they will identify to
    > the network with some random generated username and password. each username
    > stands for certain amout of time that user can be logged on (or amout of
    > bytes downloaded): ie. username 01-AA-01 can stand that user logged under
    > this lg.name can be online for max 60minutes (or 10MB to download).
    >
    > is there a way to do that ??
    > thx

+ Reply to Thread