I recently did a clean install of SuSE 8.2 on the machine which acts as the
print server for my lan (all linux). Previously, this machine ran the BSD
print system and all of the network could print w/o problems.

However, I allowed the installer to make CUPS the print system in order to
gain some experience with it. The printer (Lexmark Color 40) is a native
postscript inkjet and works perfectly with the system to which it is
attached. NONE of the other workstations can print. I have insured that
the cups configuration is set to accept lpr traffic. I have tried
installing cups on another workstation. I have confirmed that the broadcast
channel is set to the local subnet.

Still no print from any system except the (intended) print server itself.

Any help will be greatly appreciated by the rest of my family.

Thanks,
JW