Doubts abt Accessing the Windows files - Linux

This is a discussion on Doubts abt Accessing the Windows files - Linux ; i cant able to access the files in windows using the command mount -t ntfs /dev/hda1 /mnt/hd1.But i have to read the files.can u anybody help me copy the windows files. with regards, C.muruganandam --- Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net Complaints to ...

  1. Doubts abt Accessing the Windows files

    i cant able to access the files in windows using the command
    mount -t ntfs /dev/hda1
    /mnt/hd1.But i have to read the files.can u anybody
    help me copy the
    windows files.
    with regards,
    C.muruganandam
    ---
    Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net
    Complaints to news@netfront.net

  2. Re: Doubts abt Accessing the Windows files

    Adey vennai,
    First tell me the version of Windows you are running, tell me the file
    system your using in windows. Learn the basics of asking questions in
    Newsgroups.

    Ippadikku
    Un thonnai

    "Muruganandam" wrote in message news:...
    > i cant able to access the files in windows using the command
    > mount -t ntfs /dev/hda1
    > /mnt/hd1.But i have to read the files.can u anybody
    > help me copy the
    > windows files.
    > with regards,
    > C.muruganandam
    > ---
    > Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net
    > Complaints to news@netfront.net

  3. Re: Doubts abt Accessing the Windows files

    ntfs is not directly supported by default linux kernel. u may have to
    re-compile kernel to make it work.

+ Reply to Thread