x server loading very slow - Linux

This is a discussion on x server loading very slow - Linux ; sir, The X server is loading very slow. I have enough ram 192 MB & have swap file of about 256 MB My x is taking more time & is very much lazy.Please help me 2 recover this. which conf. ...

  1. x server loading very slow

    sir,
    The X server is loading very slow.
    I have enough ram 192 MB & have swap file of about 256 MB
    My x is taking more time & is very much lazy.Please help me 2 recover this.
    which conf. file should i change

  2. Re: x server loading very slow

    thegreatkarthik@yahoo.co.in (karthikeyan) wrote in message news:...
    > sir,
    > The X server is loading very slow.
    > I have enough ram 192 MB & have swap file of about 256 MB
    > My x is taking more time & is very much lazy.Please help me 2 recover this.
    > which conf. file should i change

    karthik,

    try this out on the console :

    switchdesk kde

    or

    switchdesk gnome

    then try startx again.

    hope this helps.

  3. Re: x server loading very slow

    On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 06:42:17 -0700, tornado wrote:

    > thegreatkarthik@yahoo.co.in (karthikeyan) wrote in message news:...

    > try this out on the console :
    >
    > switchdesk kde
    >
    > or
    >
    > switchdesk gnome
    >

    > then try startx again.

    echo startkde > ~/.xinitrc || echo startkde > ~/.Xclients
    echo gnome-session > ~/.xinitrc || echo gnome-session > ~/.Xclients

+ Reply to Thread