Hi again
I have a raid 1 (mirrored) disk setup and wanted to swap one of the disks in
the array out with another one. After creating a new partition and setting
its type to fd (read from the how-to doc's), I did a raidhotadd and rebooted
the system. Nothing happened (no syncing etc) - also the /proc/mdstat shows
2/2 devices instead of 3/3

Personalities : [raid1]
read_ahead 1024 sectors
md0 : active raid1 hda1[0] hdc1[2] hde1[1]
25599424 blocks [2/2] [UU]

unused devices:

I modified the raidtab file manually adding an for /dev/hdc1 (the new drive
I added) and rebooted again, still nothing. What should I do? is there any
way to force the drive sync? also what did I do wrong? Thanks a lot

Muhammed Syyid
PS Do I have to do something to mirror the superblock or is that also
handled with raidhotadd? The fdisk -l shows the older 2 partitions having an
* under Boot while the new /dev/hdc1 does not. Thanks