So here's the situation I've been given. I've got a server running RH
8.0 with 4 scsi drive slots. Two of the drives act as the /boot and
/swap space, both running software raid-1. There's a third /
partition on these drives running raid-0. The other two drives are
striped raid-1 and hold the /home partition.

[root@mognet root]# df
/dev/md2 32715904 1924524 29129468 7% /
/dev/md0 101018 25674 70128 27% /boot
/dev/md4 70556976 134456 66838424 1% /home

Personalities : [raid0] [raid1]
read_ahead 1024 sectors
md0 : active raid1 sdb1[1] sda1[0]
104320 blocks [2/2] [UU]

md1 : active raid1 sdb2[1] sda2[0]
1052160 blocks [2/2] [UU]

md2 : active raid0 sdb3[1] sda3[0]
33238272 blocks 64k chunks

md4 : active raid1 sdd1[2] sdc1[0]
71681920 blocks [2/2] [UU]

What I've been asked is to find a way to change the raid-0 partition
into a raid-1 stripe set. The hope is that this is possible without a
complete reformat and reinstall of everything, rather some type of
backup and recopy. I realize I'm going to need to rebuild this drive
set anyway as the space available will drop in half, but I'm looking
to know how possible it would be to back this up somewhere and rebuild
it later.

Is there anyway I can migrate my root system over to the /home drive
and use that while I rebuild? Any recommendations on how best to
backup the drives somewhere else? I can probably dump the /home
drives and put two other drives in those slots to use, so long as RH
won't mind running without /home for a bit...I'm not sure that'd work.

Thanks for any advice you might have...

....ken