Mondo backup and Windows - Linux

This is a discussion on Mondo backup and Windows - Linux ; I want to backup data to CD in Linux and be able to restore it to linux OR windows. The data is just files I have collected on the internet. Can I restore data backed up on the Linux/Mondo computer ...

  1. Mondo backup and Windows

    I want to backup data to CD in Linux and be able to restore it to
    linux OR windows. The data is just files I have collected on the
    internet.

    Can I restore data backed up on the Linux/Mondo computer to a Windows
    computer.

    Regards

    Dave

  2. Re: Mondo backup and Windows

    davidbr62@yahoo.com (Dave) wrote in message news:...
    > I want to backup data to CD in Linux and be able to restore it to
    > linux OR windows. The data is just files I have collected on the
    > internet.
    >
    > Can I restore data backed up on the Linux/Mondo computer to a Windows
    > computer.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Dave

    Dave, as long as you use a format that both computers understand you
    can archive them, and then you can burn them iso9660 format on a cd.
    You can bzip2, gzip, or just plain old zip the files. Then in
    Xcdroast or other burning app you can burn the archive onto cd using
    iso9660 format.

+ Reply to Thread