problem regarding bash shell - Linux

  1. problem regarding bash shell

    hi there,

    i have a problem with bash shell.i want to know that where shell
    variables stored.can u anybody suggest me.
    with regards,
    itmncm
    ---
    Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net
    Complaints to news@netfront.net

  2. Re: problem regarding bash shell

    On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 15:53:04 +0500, root wrote:
    > hi there,
    >
    > i have a problem with bash shell.i want to know that where shell
    > variables stored.can u anybody suggest me.

    Please read

    It always helps if you provide some basic system information and what
    you are having problems with when you post questions to the
    news groups.

    That info helps us to provide better examples/responses.

    Which window manager/desktop environment,
    they have different icons and file access locations.

    There are several "linuxes": Red Hat, Slackware, SuSE, Debian, Mandrake,
    Caldera, Corel, Yellow Lab, Black Lab, WinLinux, PhatLinux, Linux On A
    Floppy, slinux, Trinux, Peanut and
    (Rock, Armed, Stampede, Tiny. Power, Coyote) Linux, to name a few.

    Always provide what distro and release level you are using
    when you post questions (Redhat 6.1, Suse 5.0, Mandrake 8.2,...).

    Different distros have different commands, files, and links to files,
    pacakges and package/software managers.
    Even happens between release levels of the same distribution.

  3. Re: problem regarding bash shell

    "Bit Twister" wrote in message
    > On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 15:53:04 +0500, root wrote:
    > > hi there,
    > >
    > > i have a problem with bash shell.i want to know that where shell
    > > variables stored.can u anybody suggest me.

    The "SmAss(tm)" answer is "memory" but probably isn't really what you were
    asking.

    > It always helps if you provide some basic system information and what
    > you are having problems with when you post questions to the
    > news groups.

    This is the heart of my non-answer -- not enough info to give a better one.

    JW

+ Reply to Thread