Hi,

It is good practice to load firewall rules before *ANY* network services
load, simple reason being is... While yoyr firewall hasnt loaded then for
that time being (all be it a short time) the services become exposed to
everyone.

So i would suggest that you rename the iptables startup script to
something like S01iptables. Also make it the last thing to die, that way
while services are coming down you will still have protection.

Hope that helps