Flash crashes firefox - Linux

This is a discussion on Flash crashes firefox - Linux ; Hello, I have PcLinux which is based on Mandriva I believe. Anyway flash sites crash the firefox browser. Anybody know how to get around this this? Thanks...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

  1. Flash crashes firefox

    Hello, I have PcLinux which is based on Mandriva I believe. Anyway
    flash sites crash the firefox browser. Anybody know how to get around
    this this?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Flash crashes firefox

    llanalott@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Hello, I have PcLinux which is based on Mandriva I believe.
    > Anyway flash sites crash the firefox browser. Anybody know how
    > to get around this this?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:85.214.63.253

    This IP address has been blocked because it is believed to be an
    open proxy or zombie computer. To prevent abuse, editing from
    these proxies is currently prohibited. If your ISP has
    misconfigured their proxy, you can try bypassing it by logging
    into Wikimedia's secure gateway at
    https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/. For more
    information about open proxies and what you can do, please see
    the WikiProject on open proxies.
    Hi, flatty ....

    --
    HPT

  3. Re: Flash crashes firefox

    High Plains Thumper wrote:
    > llanalott@yahoo.com wrote:
    > > Hello, I have PcLinux which is based on Mandriva I believe.
    > > Anyway flash sites crash the firefox browser. Anybody know how
    > > to get around this this?

    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:85.214.63.253
    >

    > This IP address has been blocked because it is believed to be an
    > open proxy or zombie computer. To prevent abuse, editing from
    > these proxies is currently prohibited. If your ISP has
    > misconfigured their proxy, you can try bypassing it by logging
    > into Wikimedia's secure gateway at
    > https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/. For more
    > information about open proxies and what you can do, please see
    > the WikiProject on open proxies.
    >

    > Hi, flatty ....

    Actually I am just somebody asking a question. I want to watch my:

    http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm

    Then watch my:

    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/195573

    Without crashing firefox

  4. Re: Flash crashes firefox

    --
    PeKaJe

    There is a new service pack that fixes all of IIS's problems
    permanently. Go here to download it: http://www.apache.org

  5. Re: Flash crashes firefox

    The racist, liar and software thief Gary Stewart (flatfish) nymshifted:

    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >> llanalott@yahoo.com wrote:
    >> > Hello, I have PcLinux which is based on Mandriva I believe.
    >> > Anyway flash sites crash the firefox browser. Anybody know how
    >> > to get around this this?

    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:85.214.63.253
    >>

    >> This IP address has been blocked because it is believed to be an
    >> open proxy or zombie computer. To prevent abuse, editing from
    >> these proxies is currently prohibited. If your ISP has
    >> misconfigured their proxy, you can try bypassing it by logging
    >> into Wikimedia's secure gateway at
    >> https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/. For more
    >> information about open proxies and what you can do, please see
    >> the WikiProject on open proxies.
    >>

    >> Hi, flatty ....
    >>

    > Actually I am just somebody asking a question. I want to watch my:

    Actually, you are flatfish

    > http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm
    >
    > Then watch my:
    >
    > http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/195573
    >
    > Without crashing firefox

    Fine. Then just *do* it. Both run without any problems

    Your idiotic lies are not even funny anymore.
    --
    Windows: Because everyone needs a good laugh!

  6. Re: Flash crashes firefox

    ____/ llanalott@yahoo.com on Sunday 07 October 2007 07:29 : \____

    > Hello, I have PcLinux which is based on Mandriva I believe. Anyway
    > flash sites crash the firefox browser. Anybody know how to get around
    > this this?
    >
    > Thanks

    Bad dog, Gary. Bad dog.

    *plonk Stewart trash*

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: ~70% of organisms are bacteria
    Tasks: 154 total, 1 running, 153 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie

  7. Re: Flash crashes firefox

    Peter Kai Jensen wrote:

    > llanalott@yahoo.com wrote:
    >
    > > Hello, I have PcLinux which is based on Mandriva I believe. Anyway
    > > flash sites crash the firefox browser. Anybody know how to get around
    > > this this?

    > When you post from your real IP address, instead of through a TOR
    > node[1], we might take you seriously. Sorry, but there are just *way*
    > too many cowardly trolls here, and by posting through TOR you certainly
    > look to be joining their ranks.

    Google my name in groups. I am abrasive but sincere. But, really easy
    question,

    Hello, I have PcLinux which is based on Mandriva I believe. Anyway
    flash sites crash the firefox browser. Anybody know how to get around
    this?

    I actually had worked it out in the past. I'm using PcLinux minime
    version. I just cannot get this right this time and don't want to
    reinstall.

    I believe that trying workarounds, done wrong in 'certain ways' 'makes
    fixing this difficult,' if not impossible.

    Like if you get it right the first time you got it. If you did it in a
    wrong way, no dice.

    I've trolled a little bit in the past and quite frankly, I am
    brilliant compared to these mindless troll ****s.

    Regardless even if I was a troll, it's not a real easy question to
    answer.

    Flash crashes firefox in my world and I want to make it work..

  8. Re: Flash crashes firefox

    Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    > The racist, liar and software thief Gary Stewart (flatfish) nymshifted:
    >
    > > High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:85.214.63.253
    > >>

    > >> This IP address has been blocked because it is believed to be an
    > >> open proxy or zombie computer. To prevent abuse, editing from
    > >> these proxies is currently prohibited. If your ISP has
    > >> misconfigured their proxy, you can try bypassing it by logging
    > >> into Wikimedia's secure gateway at
    > >> https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/. For more
    > >> information about open proxies and what you can do, please see
    > >> the WikiProject on open proxies.
    > >>

    > >> Hi, flatty ....
    > >>

    > > Actually I am just somebody asking a question. I want to watch my:

    > Actually, you are flatfish
    >
    > > http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm
    > >
    > > Then watch my:
    > >
    > > http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/195573
    > >
    > > Without crashing firefox

    > Fine. Then just *do* it. Both run without any problems
    >
    > Your idiotic lies are not even funny anymore.
    > --

    I, not this person.

    Anyway

    My first goes fine, second crashes in a few seconds.

    Hence, the workaround question.

    Youtube crashes instantly.

    I want to have a workaround to watch flash animations without it
    crashing.

  9. Re: Flash crashes firefox

    Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    > The racist, liar and software thief Gary Stewart (flatfish) nymshifted:
    >
    > > High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:85.214.63.253
    > >>

    > >> This IP address has been blocked because it is believed to be an
    > >> open proxy or zombie computer. To prevent abuse, editing from
    > >> these proxies is currently prohibited. If your ISP has
    > >> misconfigured their proxy, you can try bypassing it by logging
    > >> into Wikimedia's secure gateway at
    > >> https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/. For more
    > >> information about open proxies and what you can do, please see
    > >> the WikiProject on open proxies.
    > >>

    > >> Hi, flatty ....
    > >>

    > > Actually I am just somebody asking a question. I want to watch my:

    > Actually, you are flatfish
    >
    > > http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm
    > >
    > > Then watch my:
    > >
    > > http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/195573
    > >
    > > Without crashing firefox

    > Fine. Then just *do* it. Both run without any problems
    >
    > Your idiotic lies are not even funny anymore.
    > --

    I could be funny, I'm not your idiot though.

  10. Re: Flash crashes firefox

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Bad dog, Gary. Bad dog.
    >
    > *plonk Stewart trash*

    I thought _I_ were Gary?

  11. Re: Flash crashes firefox

    llanalott@yahoo.com wrote:

    > Hello, I have PcLinux which is based on Mandriva I believe. Anyway
    > flash sites crash the firefox browser. Anybody know how to get around
    > this this?

    http://menzonius.wordpress.com/2006/...ible-solution/

    http://grumpymole.blogspot.com/2006/...-this-fix.html

  12. Re: Flash crashes firefox

    "Léonard Kai Schönitz" schreef in bericht
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Bad dog, Gary. Bad dog.
    >>
    >> *plonk Stewart trash*

    > I thought _I_ were Gary?

    **** off asshole, I'm Gary!

  13. Re: Flash crashes firefox

    "Doug Mentohl" schreef in bericht
    > llanalott@yahoo.com wrote:
    >
    >> Hello, I have PcLinux which is based on Mandriva I believe. Anyway
    >> flash sites crash the firefox browser. Anybody know how to get around
    >> this this?

    > http://menzonius.wordpress.com/2006/...ible-solution/
    >
    > http://grumpymole.blogspot.com/2006/...-this-fix.html

    Ha, ha! you don't fool me FLATFISH!!!!!!!!!!!!

  14. Re: Flash crashes firefox

    Asstroturfer Clogwog wrote on behalf of Micoshaft Corporation:

    > "Léonard Kai Schönitz" schreef in
    > bericht news:feadf1$ea3$1@news.albasani.net...
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> Bad dog, Gary. Bad dog.
    >>>
    >>> *plonk Stewart trash*

    >> I thought _I_ were Gary?

    > **** off asshole, I'm Gary!

    I thought you were Dr. Bill (quack!), the
    duck fscker of alt.os.windows-xp (QUACKkkkhhh...!!!!!?

  15. Re: Flash crashes firefox

    llanalott (flatfish) wrote:

    >> Hi, flatty ....
    >>

    > Actually I am just somebody asking a question. I want to watch my:
    >
    > http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm
    >
    > Then watch my:
    >
    > http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/195573
    >
    > Without crashing firefox

    They both work fine for me, running PCLOS 2007, flatfish.

  16. Re: Flash crashes firefox

    7 writes:

    > Asstroturfer Clogwog wrote on behalf of Micoshaft Corporation:
    >
    >> "Léonard Kai Schönitz" schreef in
    >> bericht news:feadf1$ea3$1@news.albasani.net...

    >>> I thought _I_ were Gary?

    >> **** off asshole, I'm Gary!

    > I thought you were Dr. Bill (quack!), the
    > duck fscker of alt.os.windows-xp (QUACKkkkhhh...!!!!!?

    Who the hell is Dr Bill?!?!?

    --
    El que posee un amigo verdadero puede decir que posee dos almas.
    -- Arturo Graff. (1848-1913) Escritor italiano.

  17. Re: Flash crashes firefox

    Kier wrote:
    > On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 03:11:55 -0700, llanalott wrote:
    >

    > > Peter Kai Jensen wrote:

    > >> When you post from your real IP address, instead of through a TOR
    > >> node[1], we might take you seriously. Sorry, but there are just *way*
    > >> too many cowardly trolls here, and by posting through TOR you certainly
    > >> look to be joining their ranks.
    > >>

    > > Google my name in groups. I am abrasive but sincere. But, really easy
    > > question,
    > >
    > > Hello, I have PcLinux which is based on Mandriva I believe. Anyway
    > > flash sites crash the firefox browser. Anybody know how to get around
    > > this?
    > >
    > > I actually had worked it out in the past. I'm using PcLinux minime
    > > version. I just cannot get this right this time and don't want to
    > > reinstall.
    > >
    > > I believe that trying workarounds, done wrong in 'certain ways' 'makes
    > > fixing this difficult,' if not impossible.
    > >
    > > Like if you get it right the first time you got it. If you did it in a
    > > wrong way, no dice.
    > >
    > > I've trolled a little bit in the past and quite frankly, I am
    > > brilliant compared to these mindless troll ****s.

    > There's nothing brilliant about trolling, it's just tedious stupidity as
    > far as I'm concerned.

    I agree if it doesn't serve a purpose.

    > > Regardless even if I was a troll, it's not a real easy question to
    > > answer.
    > >
    > > Flash crashes firefox in my world and I want to make it work..

    > Why not ask in the PCLOS forums? This isn't a help group, more like a
    > flame and troll pit with a little advocacy thrown in.

    I already did, I've never gotten a decent answer there for anything.
    What Linux group is good for questions where there isn't a bunch of
    trolls?

    > --
    > Kier

  18. Re: Flash crashes firefox

    Doug Mentohl wrote:
    > llanalott@yahoo.com wrote:
    >
    > > Hello, I have PcLinux which is based on Mandriva I believe. Anyway
    > > flash sites crash the firefox browser. Anybody know how to get around
    > > this this?

    > >http://menzonius.wordpress.com/2006/...ible-solution/

    > http://grumpymole.blogspot.com/2006/...-this-fix.html

    Hi thanks I've tried these before but with your help I did suddenly
    realize I was putting these in the wrong place. It doesn't crash as
    much now.

  19. Re: Flash crashes firefox

    On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 17:02:10 -0700, llanalott wrote:

    > Kier wrote:

    >> > Google my name in groups. I am abrasive but sincere. But, really easy
    >> > question,
    >> >
    >> > Hello, I have PcLinux which is based on Mandriva I believe. Anyway
    >> > flash sites crash the firefox browser. Anybody know how to get around
    >> > this?
    >> >
    >> > I actually had worked it out in the past. I'm using PcLinux minime
    >> > version. I just cannot get this right this time and don't want to
    >> > reinstall.
    >> >
    >> > I believe that trying workarounds, done wrong in 'certain ways' 'makes
    >> > fixing this difficult,' if not impossible.
    >> >
    >> > Like if you get it right the first time you got it. If you did it in a
    >> > wrong way, no dice.
    >> >
    >> > I've trolled a little bit in the past and quite frankly, I am
    >> > brilliant compared to these mindless troll ****s.

    >> There's nothing brilliant about trolling, it's just tedious stupidity as
    >> far as I'm concerned.

    > I agree if it doesn't serve a purpose.

    Pretty much the only purpose that trolling serves is to cause trouble and
    offence. I don't see that as useful in any way.

    >> > Regardless even if I was a troll, it's not a real easy question to
    >> > answer.
    >> >
    >> > Flash crashes firefox in my world and I want to make it work..

    >> Why not ask in the PCLOS forums? This isn't a help group, more like a
    >> flame and troll pit with a little advocacy thrown in.

    > I already did, I've never gotten a decent answer there for anything.

    If true, that surprises me. After all, what are the forums and groups for
    except to help other users? Perhaps if you framed your question a little
    less trollishly, you might get on better.

    > What Linux group is good for questions where there isn't a bunch of
    > trolls?

    There are always a few idiots about, whatever the group.

    --
    Kier

  20. Re: Flash crashes firefox

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, llanalott@yahoo.com

    wrote
    on Sat, 06 Oct 2007 23:29:22 -0700
    <1191738562.308638.120320@k79g2000hse.googlegroups. com>:
    > Hello, I have PcLinux which is based on Mandriva I believe. Anyway
    > flash sites crash the firefox browser. Anybody know how to get around
    > this this?
    >
    > Thanks

    Regardless of the argument broiling about open proxies and
    identity, there is apparently a legitimate problem here;
    I wish I knew precisely where. I would believe it's
    something to do with the Adobe plugin, which on Gentoo
    is installed as a binary. (Gnash isn't quite fully
    developed yet, which is a pity.)

    A little background: I like to play Flash-based games, and
    occasionally after doing so, and attempting to close the
    window, the browser (I generally use Epiphany, which is a
    Gecko derivative) decides to go south, and I get a BugBuddy
    instead. The traceback isn't all that useful (no symbols),
    and I've yet to pin down the file that causes this issue.
    (I suspect a miscoded advert.)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C++ Programming Idea #889123:
    std::vector<...> v; for(int i = 0; i < v.size(); i++) v.erase(v.begin() + i);

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast