Renaming more than one mp3 files - Linux

This is a discussion on Renaming more than one mp3 files - Linux ; Hi I have just recorded a book on a mp3 format. There are about 80 Chapters... Is there a way to names all 80 chapters, without having to type each and every one of them in id tax? I have ...

  1. Renaming more than one mp3 files

    Hi

    I have just recorded a book on a mp3 format. There are about 80
    Chapters... Is there a way to names all 80 chapters, without having to
    type each and every one of them in id tax?

    I have hoping that I copy copy 80 chapter name in a .txt file and some
    sort of program reads them and add to to my 01 - 80.mp3 files.

    Is it possible?

    Oh yeah, I rather have a linux apps -- this is my college computer --
    I mostly use Linux at home -- my 2nd OS (don't laugh!) is Windows ME.
    It's b/c I have been using Linux since then..

  2. Re: Renaming more than one mp3 files

    alishadevochka@gmail.com wrote:

    > I have just recorded a book on a mp3 format. There are about 80
    > Chapters... Is there a way to names all 80 chapters, without having to
    > type each and every one of them in id tax?

    You could try the Bash scripting forums ..

    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...ing-files.html

  3. Re: Renaming more than one mp3 files

    --
    PeKaJe
    "The National Association of Theater Concessionaires reported

  4. Re: Renaming more than one mp3 files

    On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 22:20:57 -0700, alishadevochka@gmail.com wrote:

    >Hi

    >I have just recorded a book on a mp3 format. There are about 80
    >Chapters... Is there a way to names all 80 chapters, without having to
    >type each and every one of them in id tax?

    rename command

    Syntax is 'rename wildcard"

    For example
    mkdir 'chapter subdirectory'
    rename 'some stuff disc ' 'chapter subdirectory/Disc_' *.mp3

    will move everything with 'some stuff disc # track #' to the new directory
    and a name of "Disc_# track #"

+ Reply to Thread