Why I Prefer Linux. - Linux

This is a discussion on Why I Prefer Linux. - Linux ; Linux is cheap. IOW Linux is low cost. I don't care how much pain my employees must endur, I am interested in pure profit, or as most people put it, bottom line., Linux gives me a low cost, positive cash ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

  1. Why I Prefer Linux.

    Linux is cheap.
    IOW Linux is low cost.
    I don't care how much pain my employees must endur, I am interested in
    pure profit, or as most people put it, bottom line.,
    Linux gives me a low cost, positive cash flow, ie: bottom line.
    That's all that counts.
    Go cheap and you will sleep..
    That's my motto.

    Saul Goldfarb

  2. Re: Why I Prefer Linux.

    wrote in message
    news:1191706667.217379.248650@50g2000hsm.googlegro ups.com...
    > Linux is cheap.
    > IOW Linux is low cost.
    > I don't care how much pain my employees must endur, I am interested in
    > pure profit, or as most people put it, bottom line.,
    > Linux gives me a low cost, positive cash flow, ie: bottom line.
    > That's all that counts.
    > Go cheap and you will sleep..
    > That's my motto.
    >
    > Saul Goldfarb

    The thing is, no one really cares why you prefer Linux.

  3. Re: Why I Prefer Linux.

    which is why linux is so much better, i laugh everytime a see a fool buy a
    retail or upgrade version of windows, even my folks because i know i can get
    a really reliable OS depending which version of linux you get AND i don't
    have a pay a dime or a penny. and i don't need a antivirus program, because
    linux is so reliable, and almost no one make a linux virus. i know this by
    XP, that's why even though i like not love my vista system i always have a
    bootable version of linux when i want to be working for real, not just
    having fun, like when i run vista.

    --
    Capt. Jonathan Perreault

    Personnal Advice To You:
    #1: Do Not Undermine Windows's Work, Or It'll Undermine You As A User.
    #2: Torture Windows (Any) Now Before It Tortures You
    #3: Windows Is Bad Enough In English, Why Get It In Another Language

    Best Comments From Users:
    No Matter The Problem Even With Linux, It's Microsoft's And Windows's Faults

    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
    foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
    "fourteen" wrote in message
    > wrote in message
    > news:1191706667.217379.248650@50g2000hsm.googlegro ups.com...
    >> Linux is cheap.
    >> IOW Linux is low cost.
    >> I don't care how much pain my employees must endur, I am interested in
    >> pure profit, or as most people put it, bottom line.,
    >> Linux gives me a low cost, positive cash flow, ie: bottom line.
    >> That's all that counts.
    >> Go cheap and you will sleep..
    >> That's my motto.
    >>
    >> Saul Goldfarb
    >>

    > Linux isn't cheap...it's free.
    > A found penny has more value.

  4. Re: Why I Prefer Linux.

    Translator French - English - Creole wrote:
    > which is why linux is so much better, i laugh everytime a see a fool buy
    > a retail or upgrade version of windows, even my folks because i know i
    > can get a really reliable OS depending which version of linux you get
    > AND i don't have a pay a dime or a penny. and i don't need a antivirus
    > program, because linux is so reliable, and almost no one make a linux
    > virus. i know this by XP, that's why even though i like not love my
    > vista system i always have a bootable version of linux when i want to be
    > working for real, not just having fun, like when i run vista.

    That's one hell of a sentence!

    John.

  5. Re: Why I Prefer Linux.

    ____/ *Gary Stewart on Saturday 06 October 2007 22:37 : \____

    Another impotent Gary Stewart (flatfish) nym.

    plonk

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    ..oʍʇ sɐ buıɥʇ ɥɔns ou s,ǝɹǝɥʇ 'ɹǝpuǝq 'ʎɹɹoʍ ʇ,uop :ʎɹɟ
    ..oʍʇ ɐ ʍɐs ı ʇɥbnoɥʇ ı puɐ ...ǝɹǝɥʍʎɹǝʌǝ soɹǝz puɐ sǝuo .ɯɐǝɹp 1nɟʍɐ uɐ
    ʇɐɥʍ 'ɥɥɥɐ :ɹǝpuǝq

  6. Re: Why I Prefer Linux.

    On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 23:57:47 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/ *Gary Stewart on Saturday 06 October 2007 22:37 : \____
    >

    > Another impotent Gary Stewart (flatfish) nym.
    >
    > plonk

    Can you prove that SPAMMER?

    --

    John King
    beerking59@oohay.com

  7. Re: Why I Prefer Linux.

    I know of companies that had problems with Linux in their operations when
    they went with that attitude. The losses were greater!

    Linux is an excellent operating system, and is very stable. But, it has its
    place. It is best to be compatible to the rest of the world when it comes to
    business!

    --

    JANA
    _____

    wrote in message
    news:1191706667.217379.248650@50g2000hsm.googlegro ups.com...
    Linux is cheap.
    IOW Linux is low cost.
    I don't care how much pain my employees must endur, I am interested in
    pure profit, or as most people put it, bottom line.,
    Linux gives me a low cost, positive cash flow, ie: bottom line.
    That's all that counts.
    Go cheap and you will sleep..
    That's my motto.

    Saul Goldfarb

  8. GEEZ! Why I Prefer Linux.

    Geez, I'm suprised at how many people thought this guy was serious.
    Have the OS wars blinded us to humor and irony?
    Come on, people, use your head before answering.

    wrote in message
    news:1191706667.217379.248650@50g2000hsm.googlegro ups.com...
    > Linux is cheap.
    > IOW Linux is low cost.
    > I don't care how much pain my employees must endur, I am interested in
    > pure profit, or as most people put it, bottom line.,
    > Linux gives me a low cost, positive cash flow, ie: bottom line.
    > That's all that counts.
    > Go cheap and you will sleep..
    > That's my motto.
    >
    > Saul Goldfarb

  9. Re: Why I Prefer Linux.

    "I don't care how much pain my employees..."
    This demonstrates a complete disregard for the welfare of your
    employees.

    If you are not the owner of that business, show your post to those
    above you and the owner.
    Whether you are the owner or not, show your employees this post so
    they can clearly see how little you care for them.

    I doubt you represent very many if any business owners who use Linux.
    With that attitude, you must have a very high turn over and that
    generally translates to higher costs because of training etc.
    Regardless the operating system used, anyone with your attitude will
    drive business costs up.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    wrote in message
    news:1191706667.217379.248650@50g2000hsm.googlegro ups.com...
    > Linux is cheap.
    > IOW Linux is low cost.
    > I don't care how much pain my employees must endur, I am interested
    > in
    > pure profit, or as most people put it, bottom line.,
    > Linux gives me a low cost, positive cash flow, ie: bottom line.
    > That's all that counts.
    > Go cheap and you will sleep..
    > That's my motto.
    >
    > Saul Goldfarb

  10. Re: Why I Prefer Linux.

    wrote in message
    news:1191706667.217379.248650@50g2000hsm.googlegro ups.com...
    > Linux is cheap.
    > IOW Linux is low cost.
    > I don't care how much pain my employees must endur, I am interested
    > in
    > pure profit, or as most people put it, bottom line.,
    > Linux gives me a low cost, positive cash flow, ie: bottom line.
    > That's all that counts.
    > Go cheap and you will sleep..
    > That's my motto.
    >
    > Saul Goldfarb

    You really think no one recognizes a Google Grouping boob playing a
    wannabe flamer?

  11. Re: Why I Prefer Linux.

    "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote in message
    > "I don't care how much pain my employees..."
    > This demonstrates a complete disregard for the welfare of your
    > employees.
    >
    > If you are not the owner of that business, show your post to those
    > above you and the owner.
    > Whether you are the owner or not, show your employees this post so
    > they can clearly see how little you care for them.
    >
    > I doubt you represent very many if any business owners who use Linux.
    > With that attitude, you must have a very high turn over and that
    > generally translates to higher costs because of training etc.
    > Regardless the operating system used, anyone with your attitude will
    > drive business costs up.

    You really fell for that one...

    ss.

  12. Re: Why I Prefer Linux.

    "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote in message
    > "I don't care how much pain my employees..."
    > This demonstrates a complete disregard for the welfare of your employees.

    This smells like a complete hoax. P-Uuuuuuuuu!

    Lang

  13. Re: Why I Prefer Linux.

    "fourteen" wrote in message
    > wrote in message
    > news:1191706667.217379.248650@50g2000hsm.googlegro ups.com...
    >> Linux is cheap.
    >> IOW Linux is low cost.
    >> I don't care how much pain my employees must endur, I am interested in
    >> pure profit, or as most people put it, bottom line.,
    >> Linux gives me a low cost, positive cash flow, ie: bottom line.
    >> That's all that counts.
    >> Go cheap and you will sleep..
    >> That's my motto.
    >>
    >> Saul Goldfarb
    >>

    > Linux isn't cheap...it's free.
    > A found penny has more value.

    I award you the Ig Noble stupidest comment of the month. All hail the
    stupidity!

  14. Re: Why I Prefer Linux.

    wrote in message
    news:1191706667.217379.248650@50g2000hsm.googlegro ups.com...
    > Linux is cheap.
    > IOW Linux is low cost.
    > I don't care how much pain my employees must endur, I am interested in
    > pure profit, or as most people put it, bottom line.,
    > Linux gives me a low cost, positive cash flow, ie: bottom line.
    > That's all that counts.
    > Go cheap and you will sleep..
    > That's my motto.
    >
    > Saul Goldfarb

    Our implementation of Linux for sever, after changing from MS, has cost us
    so much support time and grief that your statements seem ludicrous.

  15. Re: Why I Prefer Linux.

    Lang Murphy schreef:
    > "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote in message
    >> "I don't care how much pain my employees..."
    >> This demonstrates a complete disregard for the welfare of your employees.

    > This smells like a complete hoax. P-Uuuuuuuuu!

    It certainly is. The only reason this was posted, is to set Windows and
    Linux users up against each other. It's nothing but flame bait.

    Just look at the groups it was cross posted to.

    Enough said.

    Cheers

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

  16. Re: Why I Prefer Linux.

    On Oct 7, 2:37 am, goldfar...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Linux is cheap.
    > IOW Linux is low cost.
    > I don't care how much pain my employees must endur, I am interested in
    > pure profit, or as most people put it, bottom line.,
    > Linux gives me a low cost, positive cash flow, ie: bottom line.
    > That's all that counts.
    > Go cheap and you will sleep..
    > That's my motto.
    >
    > Saul Goldfarb

    I think linux kind of stuff is good for countries like phillipines ,
    srilanka and other developing countries.Becoz they cant afford
    windowsxp or something like that(Vista).Piracy is also very high in
    devloping nations.Linux doesnt requires LINUX GENUINE VALIDATION.Also
    no need to enter product key everytime you start the
    installation.Complete peace.There are many manufacturers in developing
    countries.They recommended linux in their product advertisements.

  17. Re: Why I Prefer Linux.

    ha ha ha ha your joking right? no you couldn'nt have been it shows that that
    you are fourteen with comments like that.

    --
    Capt. Jonathan Perreault

    Personnal Advice To You:
    #1: Do Not Undermine Windows's Work, Or It'll Undermine You As A User.
    #2: Torture Windows (Any) Now Before It Tortures You
    #3: Windows Is Bad Enough In English, Why Get It In Another Language

    Best Comments From Users:

    "fourteen" wrote in message
    > "Translator French - English - Creole" wrote in
    > message news:6F9DB34D-F801-4F8C-A053-B6A50CF70C1F@microsoft.com...
    >> which is why linux is so much better, i laugh everytime a see a fool buy
    >> a retail or upgrade version of windows, even my folks because i know i
    >> can get a really reliable OS depending which version of linux you get AND
    >> i don't have a pay a dime or a penny. and i don't need a antivirus
    >> program, because linux is so reliable, and almost no one make a linux
    >> virus. i know this by XP, that's why even though i like not love my vista
    >> system i always have a bootable version of linux when i want to be
    >> working for real, not just having fun, like when i run vista.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Capt. Jonathan Perreault
    >>
    >> Personnal Advice To You:
    >> #1: Do Not Undermine Windows's Work, Or It'll Undermine You As A User.
    >> #2: Torture Windows (Any) Now Before It Tortures You
    >> #3: Windows Is Bad Enough In English, Why Get It In Another Language
    >>
    >> Best Comments From Users:
    >> No Matter The Problem Even With Linux, It's Microsoft's And Windows's
    >> Faults
    >>
    >> A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
    >> completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
    >> "fourteen" wrote in message
    >>> wrote in message
    >>> news:1191706667.217379.248650@50g2000hsm.googlegro ups.com...

    >>> Linux isn't cheap...it's free.
    >>> A found penny has more value.
    >>>

    > I doubt you "run" anything.
    > You couldn't run on two feet.

  18. Re: Why I Prefer Linux.

    your the stupid one IQ is spelled I Q Not IG. idiot

    --
    Capt. Jonathan Perreault

    Personnal Advice To You:
    #1: Do Not Undermine Windows's Work, Or It'll Undermine You As A User.
    #2: Torture Windows (Any) Now Before It Tortures You
    #3: Windows Is Bad Enough In English, Why Get It In Another Language

    Best Comments From Users:

    "Telstar" wrote in message

    > "fourteen" wrote in message
    >> wrote in message
    >> news:1191706667.217379.248650@50g2000hsm.googlegro ups.com...
    >>> Linux is cheap.
    >>> IOW Linux is low cost.
    >>> I don't care how much pain my employees must endur, I am interested in
    >>> pure profit, or as most people put it, bottom line.,
    >>> Linux gives me a low cost, positive cash flow, ie: bottom line.
    >>> That's all that counts.
    >>> Go cheap and you will sleep..
    >>> That's my motto.
    >>>
    >>> Saul Goldfarb
    >>>

    >> Linux isn't cheap...it's free.
    >> A found penny has more value.
    >>

    > I award you the Ig Noble stupidest comment of the month. All hail the
    > stupidity!

  19. Re: Why I Prefer Linux.

    yo my bad bro, i though you were craking on one of my comments so sorry, i'm
    the idiot in this case, well no, the user "fourteen" is

    --
    Capt. Jonathan Perreault

    Personnal Advice To You:
    #1: Do Not Undermine Windows's Work, Or It'll Undermine You As A User.
    #2: Torture Windows (Any) Now Before It Tortures You
    #3: Windows Is Bad Enough In English, Why Get It In Another Language

    Best Comments From Users:

    "Telstar" wrote in message

    > "fourteen" wrote in message
    >> wrote in message
    >> news:1191706667.217379.248650@50g2000hsm.googlegro ups.com...
    >>> Linux is cheap.
    >>> IOW Linux is low cost.
    >>> I don't care how much pain my employees must endur, I am interested in
    >>> pure profit, or as most people put it, bottom line.,
    >>> Linux gives me a low cost, positive cash flow, ie: bottom line.
    >>> That's all that counts.
    >>> Go cheap and you will sleep..
    >>> That's my motto.
    >>>
    >>> Saul Goldfarb
    >>>

    >> Linux isn't cheap...it's free.
    >> A found penny has more value.
    >>

    > I award you the Ig Noble stupidest comment of the month. All hail the
    > stupidity!

  20. Re: Why I Prefer Linux.

    well if you have any one to blame, blame the school system. lol

    --
    Capt. Jonathan Perreault

    Personnal Advice To You:
    #1: Do Not Undermine Windows's Work, Or It'll Undermine You As A User.
    #2: Torture Windows (Any) Now Before It Tortures You
    #3: Windows Is Bad Enough In English, Why Get It In Another Language

    Best Comments From Users:

    "John" wrote in message
    > Translator French - English - Creole wrote:
    >> which is why linux is so much better, i laugh everytime a see a fool buy
    >> a retail or upgrade version of windows, even my folks because i know i
    >> can get a really reliable OS depending which version of linux you get AND
    >> i don't have a pay a dime or a penny. and i don't need a antivirus
    >> program, because linux is so reliable, and almost no one make a linux
    >> virus. i know this by XP, that's why even though i like not love my vista
    >> system i always have a bootable version of linux when i want to be
    >> working for real, not just having fun, like when i run vista.
    >>

    > That's one hell of a sentence!
    >
    > John.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast