Help: undoing accidental lvm pvcreate - Linux

This is a discussion on Help: undoing accidental lvm pvcreate - Linux ; I accidently did a LVM pvcreate on a reiserfs disk partition. Are any of the files recoverable? I did not follow the pvcreate by adding the partition to any volume group. Thanks....

  1. Help: undoing accidental lvm pvcreate

    I accidently did a LVM pvcreate on a reiserfs disk partition. Are any
    of the files recoverable? I did not follow the pvcreate by adding
    the partition to any volume group.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: undoing accidental lvm pvcreate

    "WRF" wrote in message
    news:85335abc.0306260213.4ac31aa0@posting.google.c om...
    > I accidently did a LVM pvcreate on a reiserfs disk partition. Are any
    > of the files recoverable? I did not follow the pvcreate by adding
    > the partition to any volume group.
    >
    > Thanks.

    You can try putting the partition table back on the disk using parted. Just
    don't do a mkfs or mkreiserfs on it. Keep in mind I've never done this
    before. FYI: PVCREATE zeros out your partition table.

    ken k

+ Reply to Thread