[News] Linux More Popular Than Windows as Quake Wars Server - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Linux More Popular Than Windows as Quake Wars Server - Linux ; ET: Quake Wars For Linux In A Few Weeks ,----[ Quote ] | Timothee had also added the "performance has been good on both the NVIDIA and | ATI graphics cards." When it comes to the Enemy Territory: Quake Wars ...

  1. [News] Linux More Popular Than Windows as Quake Wars Server

    ET: Quake Wars For Linux In A Few Weeks

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Timothee had also added the "performance has been good on both the NVIDIA and
    | ATI graphics cards." When it comes to the Enemy Territory: Quake Wars Linux
    | server, which has been available for a few days now, is more popular than the
    | Windows server build with more than 1,300 servers.
    `----

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NjEwNA

    Related:

    Enemy Territory: Quake Wars Coming Soon To Linux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, the long-awaited title by id Software and Splash
    | Damage, launched today in North America. While a Linux-native client of this
    | game isn't available today, it will be available shortly. ¬*
    `----

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item=865&num=1

    Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Goes Gold

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | It appears that there will be no retail Linux version of the DVD per se. With
    | Doom3 and Quake 4 you had to buy the Windows version then download the Linux
    | installer. The installer included the game engine binary. According to an ID
    | Software programmer, Timothée Besset, working on the Linux version,
    `----

    http://www.linuxelectrons.com/news/a...wars-goes-gold

    ET: Quake Wars Enters Beta For Linux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | This week the Linux client for Enemy Territory: Quake Wars has entered beta.
    `----

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NjAwNg

    QuakeWars for Linux to Be Released Soon

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The Splash Damage team, which deals with developing the famous Quake Wars:
    | Enemy Territory game, has recently stated that the game will enjoy also Linux
    | support soon after the Windows release.
    `----

    http://tuxenclave.wordpress.com/2007...released-soon/

  2. Re: [News] Linux More Popular Than Windows as Quake Wars Server

    On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 18:39:58 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ET: Quake Wars For Linux In A Few Weeks
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Timothee had also added the "performance has been good on both the
    > NVIDIA and | ATI graphics cards." When it comes to the Enemy Territory:
    > Quake Wars Linux | server, which has been available for a few days now,
    > is more popular than the | Windows server build with more than 1,300
    > servers. `----
    >
    > http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NjEwNA

    VS how many clients which are mostly running Windows.
    That's like saying "Linux owns the Internet" when maybe it has the server
    market (I don't know, I am speculating) but the desktop market (ie:users
    using the Internet) outnumber the servers serving the Internet by 100
    million fold.

    --

    John King
    beerking59@oohay.com