Linux - Wireless just "stops out of nowhere" - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux - Wireless just "stops out of nowhere" - Linux ; http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=457250 When I first installed Feisty on my Sony Vaio SZ laptop it worked flawlessly. Out of nowhere, it just stopped working though. Now when I try to use wireless it shows no networks available, and the system does not ...

  1. Linux - Wireless just "stops out of nowhere"

    When I first installed Feisty on my Sony Vaio SZ laptop it worked
    flawlessly. Out of nowhere, it just stopped working though. Now when I try
    to use wireless it shows no networks available, and the system does not
    seems to even see my card for some odd reason.

  2. Re: Linux - Wireless just "stops out of nowhere"

    Gordon Glover schreef:

    > When I first installed Feisty on my Sony Vaio SZ laptop it worked
    > flawlessly. Out of nowhere, it just stopped working though. Now when I try
    > to use wireless it shows no networks available, and the system does not
    > seems to even see my card for some odd reason.

    Let the moronic POS stick to Windows, its spyware and viruses, because
    s/h/e/it is operantly too stupid to work with a proper OS. I've been
    using GNU/Linux for almost a decade on several machines.

    Encountered some problems, but was always able to solve them.

    This idiot simply needs some education, but is probably, like all of the
    Windummies too lazy for that.

    .... If you *WANT* to do it, you *CAN* do it ... (Carmin Karasic)

    http://www.pixelyze.com

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

  3. Re: Linux - Wireless just "stops out of nowhere"

    ml2mst wrote:

    > This idiot simply needs some education, but is probably, like all of
    > the Windummies too lazy for that.
    >
    > ... If you *WANT* to do it, you *CAN* do it ... (Carmin Karasic)
    >
    > http://www.pixelyze.com

    A Windummie friend of yours, of course (tell her you said that). Her
    resume:

    Desktop Products: Lotus Notes, Adobe Photoshop, VRealm Builder, Fractal
    Design Painter, Adobe Illustrator, 3D Studio Max, Ray Dream Designer,
    Macromedia Director, Adobe Premiere, Ami Pro, Freelance, 123W, MS Word,
    Powerpoint, MS Mail, MS Project, Excel, Lotus Notes ViP

    Internet Products: Netscape, Internet Explorer, Dreamweaver, Cu-Seeme, IRC
    Chat, Look@Me, Net Painter, misc. VRML apps

    Platforms: Windows 95, Windows 3.1, WindowsNT, Mac System 7.5, OS/2 Warp
    VMS, MVS/TSO, VM, RSTS/E, DECNET, PRIMOS, MS DOS

  4. Re: Linux - Wireless just "stops out of nowhere"

    DFS schreef:
    > ml2mst wrote:
    >
    >> This idiot simply needs some education, but is probably, like all of
    >> the Windummies too lazy for that.
    >>
    >> ... If you *WANT* to do it, you *CAN* do it ... (Carmin Karasic)
    >>
    >> http://www.pixelyze.com

    > A Windummie friend of yours, of course (tell her you said that). Her
    > resume:
    >
    > Desktop Products: Lotus Notes, Adobe Photoshop, VRealm Builder, Fractal
    > Design Painter, Adobe Illustrator, 3D Studio Max, Ray Dream Designer,
    > Macromedia Director, Adobe Premiere, Ami Pro, Freelance, 123W, MS Word,
    > Powerpoint, MS Mail, MS Project, Excel, Lotus Notes ViP
    >
    > Internet Products: Netscape, Internet Explorer, Dreamweaver, Cu-Seeme, IRC
    > Chat, Look@Me, Net Painter, misc. VRML apps
    >
    > Platforms: Windows 95, Windows 3.1, WindowsNT, Mac System 7.5, OS/2 Warp
    > VMS, MVS/TSO, VM, RSTS/E, DECNET, PRIMOS, MS DOS

    Concluding: Carmin ain't no Windummy.

    Yes she worked a lot with Windows, so did I and I think almost everybody
    did, because the crapware was *FORCED* upon us.

    Anyway, Carmin is an extremely intelligent woman with great social
    skills. It's obviously you hate her, because everyone is already aware
    of the fact, you are a silly racist.

    Give it up DFS, nobody in this group takes you serious.

    Get a life dude!

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

  5. Re: Linux - Wireless just "stops out of nowhere"

    On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 14:17:14 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > ml2mst wrote:
    >
    >> This idiot simply needs some education, but is probably, like all of
    >> the Windummies too lazy for that.
    >>
    >> ... If you *WANT* to do it, you *CAN* do it ... (Carmin Karasic)
    >>
    >> http://www.pixelyze.com

    > A Windummie friend of yours, of course (tell her you said that). Her
    > resume:
    >
    > Desktop Products: Lotus Notes, Adobe Photoshop, VRealm Builder, Fractal
    > Design Painter, Adobe Illustrator, 3D Studio Max, Ray Dream Designer,
    > Macromedia Director, Adobe Premiere, Ami Pro, Freelance, 123W, MS Word,
    > Powerpoint, MS Mail, MS Project, Excel, Lotus Notes ViP
    >
    > Internet Products: Netscape, Internet Explorer, Dreamweaver, Cu-Seeme,
    > IRC Chat, Look@Me, Net Painter, misc. VRML apps
    >
    > Platforms: Windows 95, Windows 3.1, WindowsNT, Mac System 7.5, OS/2 Warp
    > VMS, MVS/TSO, VM, RSTS/E, DECNET, PRIMOS, MS DOS

    Sounds like an IBM employee who never updated her resume'.
    We get tons of applications like that where I work.

    We file them in the "Dinosaur File".

    --

    John King
    beerking59@oohay.com

  6. Re: Linux - Wireless just "stops out of nowhere"

    KUTLOZE SCHEEFGEPOEPTE schreef:
    > "ml2mst" schreef in bericht
    >> Gordon Glover schreef:
    >>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=457250
    >>>

    >>> When I first installed Feisty on my Sony Vaio SZ laptop it worked
    >>> flawlessly. Out of nowhere, it just stopped working though. Now when
    >>> I try
    >>> to use wireless it shows no networks available, and the system does not
    >>> seems to even see my card for some odd reason.

    >> Let the moronic POS stick to Windows, its spyware and viruses, because
    >> s/h/e/it is operantly too stupid to work with a proper OS. I've been
    >> using GNU/Linux for almost a decade on several machines.
    >>
    >> Encountered some problems, but was always able to solve them.
    >>
    >> This idiot simply needs some education

    > You seem to be the idiot of this group:
    >
    > The "ml2mst" Marti T. van Lin idiot
    > http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/2007...lin-idiot.html

    Thanks for adding me to your database!

    Proves again you're nothing but a homophobic attention seeking troll.

    LMAO :-)

    So you really believe the BS I wrote about "he ****ed my brain out"?

    Whatever :-p

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

  7. Re: Linux - Wireless just "stops out of nowhere"

    ml2mst wrote:
    > DFS schreef:
    >> ml2mst wrote:
    >>
    >>> This idiot simply needs some education, but is probably, like all of
    >>> the Windummies too lazy for that.
    >>>
    >>> ... If you *WANT* to do it, you *CAN* do it ... (Carmin Karasic)
    >>>
    >>> http://www.pixelyze.com

    >> A Windummie friend of yours, of course (tell her you said that). Her
    >> resume:
    >>
    >> Desktop Products: Lotus Notes, Adobe Photoshop, VRealm Builder,
    >> Fractal Design Painter, Adobe Illustrator, 3D Studio Max, Ray Dream
    >> Designer, Macromedia Director, Adobe Premiere, Ami Pro, Freelance,
    >> 123W, MS Word, Powerpoint, MS Mail, MS Project, Excel, Lotus Notes
    >> ViP
    >>
    >> Internet Products: Netscape, Internet Explorer, Dreamweaver,
    >> Cu-Seeme, IRC Chat, Look@Me, Net Painter, misc. VRML apps
    >>
    >> Platforms: Windows 95, Windows 3.1, WindowsNT, Mac System 7.5, OS/2
    >> Warp VMS, MVS/TSO, VM, RSTS/E, DECNET, PRIMOS, MS DOS

    > Concluding: Carmin ain't no Windummy.

    She sure looks like one. There's not a single open source technology in that
    list. Not one. (excepting maybe Netscape, but it began life as a
    proprietary product until MS put the beat-down on them).

    Anyway, why are you quoting her? She's not an anti-MS idiot like you and
    the other "advocates" is she?

    > Yes she worked a lot with Windows, so did I and I think almost
    > everybody did, because the crapware was *FORCED* upon us.

    I always wondered how that FORCED thing worked. See, ever since I began
    using desktop computers (1986 or so) I had various choices of non-MS
    operating systems and non-MS apps. How is it you were FORCED to use
    Windows? Who did that to you?

    > Anyway, Carmin is an extremely intelligent woman with great social
    > skills.

    Give up the ass-kissing. She doesn't swing your way.

    > It's obviously you hate her, because everyone is already aware
    > of the fact, you are a silly racist.

    I don't hate her. I don't know her. But I see she loves Windows programs,
    so she can't be all bad.

    > Give it up DFS, nobody in this group takes you serious.

    Oh, I think they do.

    > Get a life dude!

    Too much work to do...

  8. Re: Linux - Wireless just "stops out of nowhere"

    John King wrote:
    > On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 14:17:14 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> ml2mst wrote:
    >>
    >>> This idiot simply needs some education, but is probably, like all of
    >>> the Windummies too lazy for that.
    >>>
    >>> ... If you *WANT* to do it, you *CAN* do it ... (Carmin Karasic)
    >>>
    >>> http://www.pixelyze.com

    >> A Windummie friend of yours, of course (tell her you said that). Her
    >> resume:
    >>
    >> Desktop Products: Lotus Notes, Adobe Photoshop, VRealm Builder,
    >> Fractal Design Painter, Adobe Illustrator, 3D Studio Max, Ray Dream
    >> Designer, Macromedia Director, Adobe Premiere, Ami Pro, Freelance,
    >> 123W, MS Word, Powerpoint, MS Mail, MS Project, Excel, Lotus Notes
    >> ViP
    >>
    >> Internet Products: Netscape, Internet Explorer, Dreamweaver,
    >> Cu-Seeme, IRC Chat, Look@Me, Net Painter, misc. VRML apps
    >>
    >> Platforms: Windows 95, Windows 3.1, WindowsNT, Mac System 7.5, OS/2
    >> Warp VMS, MVS/TSO, VM, RSTS/E, DECNET, PRIMOS, MS DOS

    > Sounds like an IBM employee who never updated her resume'.
    > We get tons of applications like that where I work.
    >
    > We file them in the "Dinosaur File".

    Can you imagine the giggles in the HR department if her resume came in with
    a bunch of open source (cr)apps listed on it:

    OpenOffice, KOffice, Blender, KCron, Evolution, Krita, GIMP, gnumeric,
    KDevelop, gnome/beryl, inkscape, xfce

  9. Re: Linux - Wireless just "stops out of nowhere"

    DFS wrote:
    > ml2mst wrote:
    >> DFS schreef:

    >>> A Windummie friend of yours, of course (tell her you said that). Her
    >>> resume:
    >>>
    >>> Desktop Products: Lotus Notes, Adobe Photoshop, VRealm Builder,
    >>> Fractal Design Painter, Adobe Illustrator, 3D Studio Max, Ray Dream
    >>> Designer, Macromedia Director, Adobe Premiere, Ami Pro, Freelance,
    >>> 123W, MS Word, Powerpoint, MS Mail, MS Project, Excel, Lotus Notes
    >>> ViP
    >>>
    >>> Internet Products: Netscape, Internet Explorer, Dreamweaver,
    >>> Cu-Seeme, IRC Chat, Look@Me, Net Painter, misc. VRML apps
    >>>
    >>> Platforms: Windows 95, Windows 3.1, WindowsNT, Mac System 7.5, OS/2
    >>> Warp VMS, MVS/TSO, VM, RSTS/E, DECNET, PRIMOS, MS DOS

    >> Concluding: Carmin ain't no Windummy.

    > She sure looks like one. There's not a single open source technology in that
    > list. Not one. (excepting maybe Netscape, but it began life as a
    > proprietary product until MS put the beat-down on them).

    DFS you really seem to have a problem with the distinction between work
    and private use. If your employer chooses for closed source software,
    you will have to work with it, whether you like it or not.

    > Anyway, why are you quoting her? She's not an anti-MS idiot like you and
    > the other "advocates" is she?

    Well until 1998 I was a Microsoft Zealot my self. However when I
    purchased my first Linux distribution I came to the conclusion,
    Microsoft has screwed me for all those years.

    And no she's not anti-Microsoft and actually I don't care. If she
    prefers closed source and even Microsoft products, that's her choice. If
    I prefer Free Software and non-Microsoft products, that's up to me. But
    it doesn't mean the entire planet has to. Other people's choices are
    simply none of my business.

    I quoted her because I think she's right about that. If things don't
    work right out of the box, you'll simply have to read some documentation
    and just try a little harder. Again: I f you want to do it you can do it.

    Unfortunately many people are quitters and give up pretty soon and start
    yelling "Linux sucks".

    >> Yes she worked a lot with Windows, so did I and I think almost
    >> everybody did, because the crapware was *FORCED* upon us.

    > I always wondered how that FORCED thing worked. See, ever since I began
    > using desktop computers (1986 or so) I had various choices of non-MS
    > operating systems and non-MS apps. How is it you were FORCED to use
    > Windows? Who did that to you?

    Well there was no way to buy a PC ether without MS-DOS (which I liked
    pretty much at the time) or later Windows. For years and years, I had
    (obviously the incorrect) idea, Microsoft was the only provider of
    Operating Systems for PC's.

    As I wrote before I actually _was_ a Microsoft Zealot and thus non MS
    software was out of the question. In my opinion Microsoft was the best
    and the only one I trusted. Everything else was "Crap". Sounds familiar
    right?

    >> Anyway, Carmin is an extremely intelligent woman with great social
    >> skills.

    > Give up the ass-kissing. She doesn't swing your way.

    What ass-kissing? I just like and respect her, what's wrong with that?

    >> It's obviously you hate her, because everyone is already aware
    >> of the fact, you are a silly racist.

    > I don't hate her. I don't know her. But I see she loves Windows programs,
    > so she can't be all bad.

    Jeez, DFS. I really don't understand you. Some of my brothers use
    Windows to and will stick with it. Who cares? It's their choice and I
    feel I have to respect that.

    >> Give it up DFS, nobody in this group takes you serious.

    > Oh, I think they do.

    I doubt it.

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

  10. Re: Linux - Wireless just "stops out of nowhere"

    After takin' a swig o' grog, DFS belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > (excepting maybe Netscape, but it began life as a
    > proprietary product until MS put the beat-down on them).

    No, it didn't. It began life at a university, and it (Mosaic) was
    probably funded by the National Science Foundation:

    The National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA) is one of
    five original centers in the National Science Foundation's
    Supercomputer Centers Program and a unit of the University of
    Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. The center was founded when a group of
    University of Illinois faculty, led by Larry Smarr, sent an
    unsolicited proposal to the National Science Foundation in 1983. The
    foundation announced funding for the supercomputer centers in 1985;
    the first supercomputer at the Center came online in January 1986.

    And

    The company was founded as Mosaic Communications Corporation on April
    4, 1994 by Marc Andreessen and Jim Clark, and was the first company
    to attempt to capitalize on the nascent World Wide Web. It released a
    web browser called Mosaic Netscape 0.9 on October 13, 1994. This
    browser was subsequently renamed Netscape Navigator, and the company
    took on the 'Netscape' name on November 14, 1994[1] to avoid
    trademark ownership problems with NCSA, where the initial Netscape
    employees had previously created the NCSA Mosaic web browser. (The
    Mosaic Netscape web browser shared no code with NCSA Mosaic.)

    What's that? Public-funded research being used to start a commercial
    venture?

    Incidentally, that source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netscape#Early_years)
    also shows that the open-source paradigm you so arduously ridicule is
    just about the only way to compete with a predatory monopoly:

    It eventually became clear that the Communicator 4.0 browser was too
    difficult to develop, and open source development was halted on this
    codebase. Instead, the open source development shifted to a next
    generation browser built from scratch. Utilizing the newly built
    Gecko layout engine, this browser had a much more modular
    architecture than Communicator 4.0 and was therefore easier to
    develop with a large number of programmers.

    > I always wondered how that FORCED thing worked. See, ever since I began
    > using desktop computers (1986 or so) I had various choices of non-MS
    > operating systems and non-MS apps. How is it you were FORCED to use
    > Windows? Who did that to you?

    Cool. Tell me where I can get an Atari, TI, Commodore, or anything
    other than a Mac, in a consumer outlet. Hell, tell me where I can get a
    Windows clone from another manufacturer.

    Can you think of ANY other product where the consumer has only /one/
    choice? Even in computer CPUs, where Intel rules, there is an
    alternative (AMD).

    Desktop OSes? You get Windows. And don't give me that bull**** about
    "you can get a box with Linux on it real easy." Only techies and
    hobbyists will go look for a white-box machine that they can have Linux
    on.

    Next you'll be telling us that we can replace the firmware on our cell
    phones if we don't like the OS it is running.

    --
    Tux rox!

+ Reply to Thread