Re: [News] Another Microsoft Parnter (Novell) Possibly Disintegrates - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Another Microsoft Parnter (Novell) Possibly Disintegrates - Linux ; "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message news:1330502.HQJ4y9EZ6I@schestowitz.com... > Novell layoffs rumored to be in the works > > ,----[ Quote ] > | Word on the street is that Novell will be laying off 50-60% of its Workgroup > | division ...

  1. Re: [News] Another Microsoft Parnter (Novell) Possibly Disintegrates

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    > Novell layoffs rumored to be in the works
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Word on the street is that Novell will be laying off 50-60% of its

    Workgroup
    > | division this month, likely toward the middle. This is not surprising

    given
    > | that division's lackluster results, but the rumor mill suggests that
    > | Workgroup isn't the only business unit that will be affected.
    > `----
    >
    > http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9792124-16.html

    If Novell is doing so badly then why are they doubling they Dublin workforce
    to 200?

    http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/...yid=single9359

  2. Re: [News] Another Microsoft Parnter (Novell) Possibly Disintegrates

    ____/ Quantum Leaper on Saturday 06 October 2007 11:28 : \____

    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >> Novell layoffs rumored to be in the works
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | Word on the street is that Novell will be laying off 50-60% of its

    > Workgroup
    >> | division this month, likely toward the middle. This is not surprising

    > given
    >> | that division's lackluster results, but the rumor mill suggests that
    >> | Workgroup isn't the only business unit that will be affected.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9792124-16.html
    >>

    > If Novell is doing so badly then why are they doubling they Dublin workforce
    > to 200?
    >
    > http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/...yid=single9359

    They are staffing in India too, but have a look at their financial filings to
    find losses. Novell is not in a healthy state and it just hopes to recover.
    With Microsoft, nobody can recover. They went to bed with Bill, whose strategy
    is not to produce good products but to squash all rivalry.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Is it a stupid sig? Why yes it is!
    Mem: 515500k total, 445248k used, 70252k free, 1736k buffers