Re: I can't believe this actually happened to me - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: I can't believe this actually happened to me - Linux ; After takin' a swig o' grog, Gordon Glover belched out this bit o' wisdom: [revolting sex+emetic episode snipped] I won't be seeing any posts from teranews anymore. The next step is any posts from Outlook Express. Go urinate in someone ...

  1. Re: I can't believe this actually happened to me

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Gordon Glover belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    [revolting sex+emetic episode snipped]

    I won't be seeing any posts from teranews anymore.

    The next step is any posts from Outlook Express.

    Go urinate in someone else's cooking pot.

    Idiot.

  2. Re: I can't believe this actually happened to me

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Gordon Glover belched out this bit o'
    > wisdom:

    > [revolting sex+emetic episode snipped]
    >
    > I won't be seeing any posts from teranews anymore.

    That'll block Ghost too, unfortunately, and I rather enjoy his posts.

    > The next step is any posts from Outlook Express.

    That'll also block certain worthwhile posters, like advocates posting
    from work where they might only have access to a Windows machine, and
    people like jim@home who, though a Windows user, is not exactly a Troll.

    Then there's Google - I'd dearly love to block G2 posts wholesale, but
    that'd kill posts from Rex and others.

    When you have a malicious, debase, psychopathic, attention-seeking,
    nym-shifter like Gary invading the group; the best course of action is
    to kill the messenger, rather than the message service.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "OOXML is a superb standard"
    | - GNU/Linux traitor, Miguel de Icaza.
    `----

    12:21:49 up 58 days, 11:16, 2 users, load average: 0.06, 0.03, 0.01

  3. Re: I can't believe this actually happened to me

    On Oct 6, 7:23 am, "[H]omer" wrote:

    > the best course of action is
    > to kill the messenger,

    I know some people, how much are you willing to spend?

  4. Re: I can't believe this actually happened to me

    After takin' a swig o' grog, [H]omer belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > Verily I say unto thee, that Linonut spake thusly:
    >
    >> [revolting sex+emetic episode snipped]
    >>

    > That'll block Ghost too, unfortunately, and I rather enjoy his posts.
    >
    >> The next step is any posts from Outlook Express.

    > That'll also block certain worthwhile posters, like advocates posting
    > from work where they might only have access to a Windows machine, and
    > people like jim@home who, though a Windows user, is not exactly a Troll.
    >
    > Then there's Google - I'd dearly love to block G2 posts wholesale, but
    > that'd kill posts from Rex and others.
    >
    > When you have a malicious, debase, psychopathic, attention-seeking,
    > nym-shifter like Gary invading the group; the best course of action is
    > to kill the messenger, rather than the message service.

    Too bad.

    For now, I don't want to see that sick ****er.

  5. Re: I can't believe this actually happened to me

    In article ,
    Linonut wrote:
    > Too bad.
    >
    > For now, I don't want to see that sick ****er.

    Then why did you read it? Consider the first two and a third paragraphs:

    It was going to be a late day at the IT department. Our HTML
    directory had become mixed up with the sectors that control the
    server farm. The servers were acting up and needed to be recompiled
    before I could go home.

    Becky and I would have to spend the entire evening loading 8 1/2
    inch floppy disks into the hard drive. This was going to take
    forever. "What a bitch" I exclaimed. Becky sat up straight in her
    airfoil office chair. "Not you" I said with a laugh "This
    assignment is going to take all night." I'll be up until 3 in the
    morning doing it.

    "I wish I could have a man that would stay up until 3 in the morning
    doing it" Becky said. She was a heck of a tease. I told her that if
    she stayed

    Why didn't you stop there? It is obvious by that point it is not going
    anywhere relevant to this group. From there to the end, the
    disgustingness ramps up pretty linearly, providing plenty more places to
    bail.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  6. Re: I can't believe this actually happened to me

    [H]omer wrote:

    >Verily I say unto thee, that Linonut spake thusly:
    >>
    >> The next step is any posts from Outlook Express.

    >That'll also block certain worthwhile posters, like advocates posting
    >from work where they might only have access to a Windows machine, and
    >people like jim@home who, though a Windows user, is not exactly a Troll.

    Windows users don't have to use Outhouse...

  7. Re: I can't believe this actually happened to me

    Verily I say unto thee, that chrisv spake thusly:
    > [H]omer wrote:
    >
    >> Verily I say unto thee, that Linonut spake thusly:
    >>> The next step is any posts from Outlook Express.

    >> That'll also block certain worthwhile posters, like advocates posting
    >> from work where they might only have access to a Windows machine, and
    >> people like jim@home who, though a Windows user, is not exactly a Troll.

    > Windows users don't have to use Outhouse...

    They do if they're using a Windows work machine with no admin privileges
    and the "admin" thinks Virus Express is the "only" Email client.

    As for anyone@home, well ...

    Then again, I see flatty has escaped from the looney-bin again, and is
    on a psychotic rampage. He's even back to talking to himself. Looks like
    the Troll havens are going back in the bin for a while.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "OOXML is a superb standard"
    | - GNU/Linux traitor, Miguel de Icaza.
    `----

    20:38:19 up 60 days, 19:33, 3 users, load average: 0.00, 0.04, 0.15

  8. Re: I can't believe this actually happened to me

    On Oct 6, 4:23 am, "[H]omer" wrote:
    > Verily I say unto thee, that Linonut spake thusly:
    >
    > > After takin' a swig o' grog, Gordon Glover belched out this bit o'
    > > wisdom:
    > > [revolting sex+emetic episode snipped]

    > > I won't be seeing any posts from teranews anymore.

    > That'll block Ghost too, unfortunately, and I rather enjoy his posts.

    Maybe we can persuade Ghost to switch. In the meantime, it would be
    great if we didn't have to listen to Barb Dwyer = Warren Piece = Ms.
    Polly Ester = Sir Michael Clayton = Judge Dredd = Captain Commando =
    Mr. Doug Hoel = Sgt. Wannacker = SgtMajor Gansevoort = Cpl Kronk = Lt.
    Stardust = Professor Dungby = Ofc. Michael Clayton = Gordon Glover =
    Randy Oak cheer himself on.

  9. Re: I can't believe this actually happened to me

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu

    wrote
    on Mon, 08 Oct 2007 13:50:19 -0700
    <1191876619.651848.206830@50g2000hsm.googlegroups.c om>:
    > On Oct 6, 4:23 am, "[H]omer" wrote:
    >> Verily I say unto thee, that Linonut spake thusly:
    >>
    >> > After takin' a swig o' grog, Gordon Glover belched out this bit o'
    >> > wisdom:
    >> > [revolting sex+emetic episode snipped]

    >> > I won't be seeing any posts from teranews anymore.

    >> That'll block Ghost too, unfortunately, and I rather enjoy his posts.
    >>

    > Maybe we can persuade Ghost to switch. In the meantime, it would be
    > great if we didn't have to listen to Barb Dwyer = Warren Piece = Ms.
    > Polly Ester = Sir Michael Clayton = Judge Dredd = Captain Commando =
    > Mr. Doug Hoel = Sgt. Wannacker = SgtMajor Gansevoort = Cpl Kronk = Lt.
    > Stardust = Professor Dungby = Ofc. Michael Clayton = Gordon Glover =
    > Randy Oak cheer himself on.

    Alternative Usenet service suggestions are welcomed,
    though the final decision is of course up to me. :-)
    Teranews isn't bad (and has the advantage that it's very
    inexpensive) but I can't say I pay a lot of attention as to
    whether a given service is infested with trolls or not.
    My needs are fairly basic...I might consume 10 MB of
    newsfeed per day at the most, the vast majority of it textual
    in nature. (Teranews offers 60 MB/day.)

    I see you're posting from Berkeley, which has its
    advantages. ;-) If nothing else, the UC system has good
    Internet access, apparently.

    (I'm a UCSB alma mater myself -- and that was a long time
    ago; I didn't even have access to the Internet in the 1980s,
    at least not that I remember.)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Windows Vista. Because it's time to refresh your hardware. Trust us.

  10. Re: I can't believe this actually happened to me

    The Ghost In The Machine wrote:

    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu
    >
    > wrote
    > on Mon, 08 Oct 2007 13:50:19 -0700
    > <1191876619.651848.206830@50g2000hsm.googlegroups.c om>:
    >> On Oct 6, 4:23 am, "[H]omer" wrote:
    >>> Verily I say unto thee, that Linonut spake thusly:

    >>> That'll block Ghost too, unfortunately, and I rather enjoy his posts.
    >>>

    >> Maybe we can persuade Ghost to switch. In the meantime, it would be
    >> great if we didn't have to listen to Barb Dwyer = Warren Piece = Ms.
    >> Polly Ester = Sir Michael Clayton = Judge Dredd = Captain Commando =
    >> Mr. Doug Hoel = Sgt. Wannacker = SgtMajor Gansevoort = Cpl Kronk = Lt.
    >> Stardust = Professor Dungby = Ofc. Michael Clayton = Gordon Glover =
    >> Randy Oak cheer himself on.
    >>

    > Alternative Usenet service suggestions are welcomed,
    > though the final decision is of course up to me. :-)
    > Teranews isn't bad (and has the advantage that it's very
    > inexpensive) but I can't say I pay a lot of attention as to
    > whether a given service is infested with trolls or not.
    > My needs are fairly basic...I might consume 10 MB of
    > newsfeed per day at the most, the vast majority of it textual
    > in nature. (Teranews offers 60 MB/day.)
    >
    > I see you're posting from Berkeley, which has its
    > advantages. ;-) If nothing else, the UC system has good
    > Internet access, apparently.
    >
    > (I'm a UCSB alma mater myself -- and that was a long time
    > ago; I didn't even have access to the Internet in the 1980s,
    > at least not that I remember.)

    Supernews filter out Hipcrime floods. They also filter out anonymous
    remailers, because of "uncontrolled abuse (flooding attacks, etc.,
    persisting for long periods of time with no effective action taken)."
    - Andrew, Supernews -

    Supernews starts at $5.95/month

    --
    Operating systems:
    FreeBSD 6.2, PC-BSD 1.4

  11. Re: I can't believe this actually happened to me

    On Oct 8, 2:05 pm, The Ghost In The Machine
    wrote:
    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, ness...@wigner.berkeley.edu
    >
    > wrote
    > on Mon, 08 Oct 2007 13:50:19 -0700
    > <1191876619.651848.206...@50g2000hsm.googlegroups.c om>:
    >

    > > On Oct 6, 4:23 am, "[H]omer" wrote:
    > >> Verily I say unto thee, that Linonut spake thusly:

    > >> That'll block Ghost too, unfortunately, and I rather enjoy his posts.

    > > Maybe we can persuade Ghost to switch. In the meantime, it would be
    > > great if we didn't have to listen to Barb Dwyer = Warren Piece = Ms.
    > > Polly Ester = Sir Michael Clayton = Judge Dredd = Captain Commando =
    > > Mr. Doug Hoel = Sgt. Wannacker = SgtMajor Gansevoort = Cpl Kronk = Lt.
    > > Stardust = Professor Dungby = Ofc. Michael Clayton = Gordon Glover =
    > > Randy Oak cheer himself on.

    > Alternative Usenet service suggestions are welcomed,
    > though the final decision is of course up to me. :-)
    > Teranews isn't bad (and has the advantage that it's very
    > inexpensive) but I can't say I pay a lot of attention as to
    > whether a given service is infested with trolls or not.
    > My needs are fairly basic...I might consume 10 MB of
    > newsfeed per day at the most, the vast majority of it textual
    > in nature. (Teranews offers 60 MB/day.)

    Well, I wasn't really serious. It would be no trouble for flatfish to
    switch, in fact, he uses other services too.

  12. Re: I can't believe this actually happened to me

    [H]omer wrote:

    >chrisv wrote:
    >>
    >> Windows users don't have to use Outhouse...

    >They do if they're using a Windows work machine with no admin privileges
    >and the "admin" thinks Virus Express is the "only" Email client.

    True, for email, users are sometimes stuck. However, for newsgroups,
    there are options, even for non-admins.

    Agent newsreader install for non-admins.

    Install Agent onto a machine on which you do have admin privileges.
    If you don't have ready access to one, make one, using a spare HD and
    any version of Windows. (Licensing won't be an issue since you will
    be able to erase Windows shortly.)

    Copy the Agent directory (in C:\Program Files\) onto a USB stick or
    CD.

    Copy the Agent directory onto the machine where you want to use it,
    anywhere "limited users" have full access (right on C:\ should work).

    Start Agent by clicking on Agent.exe (or a shortcut to it).

+ Reply to Thread