[News] [Rival] Microsoft's So-called "anti-Linux Jihad" Continues - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] [Rival] Microsoft's So-called "anti-Linux Jihad" Continues - Linux ; Microsoft's risky, misleading ad campaign ,----[ Quote ] | Campbell's so slick, I wouldn't be surprised to see him out hitting the | campaign trail for Microsoft's OOXML efforts. | | Regardless, there are still uneducated people that think of ...

  1. [News] [Rival] Microsoft's So-called "anti-Linux Jihad" Continues

    Microsoft's risky, misleading ad campaign

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Campbell's so slick, I wouldn't be surprised to see him out hitting the
    | campaign trail for Microsoft's OOXML efforts.
    |
    | Regardless, there are still uneducated people that think of open source and
    | Linux as one open-source project as "science projects" and "risky."
    | Apparently they think it's less risky to give away control of their IT to a
    | vendor based on a few flashy demos from a sales engineer. They will learn in
    | time.
    |
    | For now, repeat after me: The real risk is in proprietary software. Period.
    `----

    http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9...bj=TheOpenRoad

    Shills, crookes, and big Lies.

    Related:

    Some New FUD Is Born - And a New Wallpaper for Edubuntu

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | I can usually tell what the new Microsoft anti-Linux FUD is by reading what
    | Rob Enderle writes.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | I thought about all this today because of this article, "Sparks Fly As Linux
    | Kernel Guy Quits In a Huff," by Alexander Wolfe on Information Week, part of
    | his theme song on "Reasons Why Linux Won't Succeed on the Desktop." You wish.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | Has Information Week declared a jihad against Linux or something?
    `----

    The following article has been pulled for some reason...

    Microsoft-sponsored security symposium's cause brain damage, claims security
    expert

    ..----[ Quote ]
    | In a revelation that will come as a surprise to many today, a
    | security expert, who wishes to remain anonymous because he doesn't
    | exist, claims that attending Microsoft sponsored events, such as
    | the recent security symposium at Santa Clara University, can cause
    | irreversible brain damage in the attendees, making them inclined to
    | spout gibberish.
    |
    | Dave Cullinane, eBay's chief information and security officer, was
    | the first victim to be diagnosed with the debilitating condition,
    | by local medical practitioner - Dr. Fraud, and panic quickly
    | ensued, causing various attending members of the press to become
    | spontaneously affected.
    |
    | "It's a form of hysteria", said Dr. Fraud whilst scratching his
    | testicles. "The pathology of this disease is fascinating, it
    | appears to spread orally at first, but subsequently mutates into a
    | form that can even travel along electronic pathways."
    |
    | Meanwhile there are rumours that the FDA and local law enforcement
    | officials may be called in, to investigate an allegation that the
    | epidemic was started deliberately by an unnamed Microsoft
    | employee, a known carrier of the disease, who introduced the viral
    | agent by urinating in the wine.
    |
    | Steve Blamer, Microsoft's CEO, was not available for comment at the
    | time of publication.
    `----

    http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22157508-2,00.html

    ToorCon ("Firefox security is a mess") sponsored by Microsoft

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Lately, I read the headline: "Open Source browser Firefox is so
    | critically flawed that it is impossible to fix, according to two
    | hackers." Further on, in the ZDNet article I read: "The hackers claim
    | they know of about 30 unpatched Firefox flaws. They don't plan to
    | disclose them, instead holding onto the bugs."
    |
    | Since that sounds suspicious, I decided to start searching for
    | connections with MS. Easy enough, here it is...
    `----

    Linux phishing botnet statistics can be deceptive

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | There are some problems with such assumptions based on that statement,
    | however:
    |
    | 1. Each phishing site does not necessarily imply an individual machine...
    | 2. A phishing site does not imply the box was rootkitted...
    | 3. Phishing botnets that targeted Washington Mutual are by no means the
    | sum total of phishing sites...
    | 4. Phishing sites are not the same as botnet nodes. No, really — this is
    | the biggest problem with the obvious assumptions here.
    `----

    http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/security/?p=296

    A response to that FUD piece, "Linux Still Doesn't Make it On Desktop", from
    Microsoft Shill, Michael Gartenberg

    http://slated.org/linux_still_doesnt...op_is_pure_fud

    Effective evangelism

    http://antitrust.slated.org/www.iowa...00/PX03096.pdf

    Evangelist Gartenberg back to being analyst

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | After only three weeks at Microsoft as an "evangelist," Michael
    | Gartenberg is returning to his old job as vice president and
    | research director at JupiterResearch.
    `----

    http://news.com.com/2061-10805_3-616...0-20&subj=news

    Microsoft upgrades Zune players to challenge Apple iPods

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | "It's a nice evolutionary development to the product line," said Jupiter
    | Research analyst Michael Gartenberg.
    `----

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071003...mpanymicrosoft

    Microsoft Xbox to Join the Battle for Video Downloading

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Editors' Note: November 10, 2006, Friday An article in Business Day
    | on Tuesday described a decision by Microsoft to offer movies and
    | episodes of television shows for downloading through its Xbox Live
    | online service in the United States.
    |
    | The article quoted Rob Enderle, principal analyst at the Enderle
    | Group, discussing the features that set Xbox Live service apart
    | and its position in the market.
    |
    | But the article did not note that Mr. Enderle had Microsoft as a client,
    | a fact later pointed out by a reader. Mr. Enderle does consulting work
    | for several of Microsoft's product groups, though not for the one
    | developing the Xbox; still, had The Times known of Mr. Enderle's work
    | for Microsoft, it would not have sought out his opinion on the product.
    `----

    http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstra...A80994DE404482
    http://tinyurl.com/y3avsv

    NY Times bans Microsoft analysts from Microsoft stories

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The New York Times continues to perplex with its analyst- quoting
    | policy. Rather than having analysts declare their ties to clients,
    | the paper would prefer to quote analysts that have no experience
    | with a client - a protocol which seems to undermine the very point
    | of citing analysts.
    |
    | The Register this week started pushing the Times to explain its
    | quoting stance after noticing that Rob Enderle - the most quoted
    | * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *^^^^^^^^^^^
    | technology analyst on the planet - had been blocked from commenting
    | on companies with which he has a financial relationship. The ban
    | against Enderle appeared odd, given that Times reporters continue
    | to cite analysts from larger firms who also have financial
    | relationships with the companies discussed.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | As it turns out, there's a cottage industry devoted to Rob
    | Enderle, where Linux zealots fire off this form letter to editors
    | whenever Enderle appears talking about Microsoft. Perhaps the Linux
    | crowd could put its fabled collective mind toward creating letters
    | for all the major analysts. Lord knows, the Times could use
    | some help.
    `----

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/12/15/nytimes_ms_ban/

  2. Re: [Rival] Microsoft's So-called "anti-Linux Jihad" Continues

    On Oct 5, 3:22 pm, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> [...]
    > | of citing analysts.
    > |
    > | The Register this week started pushing the Times to explain its
    > | quoting stance after noticing that Rob Enderle - the most quoted
    > | ^^^^^^^^^^^
    > | technology analyst on the planet - had been blocked from commenting
    > | on companies with which he has a financial relationship. The ban
    > | against Enderle appeared odd, given that Times reporters continue
    > | to cite analysts from larger firms who also have financial
    > | relationships with the companies discussed.
    > |
    > | [...]
    > |
    > | As it turns out, there's a cottage industry devoted to Rob
    > | Enderle, where Linux zealots fire off this form letter to editors
    > | whenever Enderle appears talking about Microsoft. Perhaps the Linux
    > | crowd could put its fabled collective mind toward creating letters
    > | for all the major analysts. Lord knows, the Times could use

    You sound like some kind of a paranoid nutcase Roy Schestowitz.
    Time to loosen up the straps on your tinfoil hat.

+ Reply to Thread