Help on ABI - Linux

This is a discussion on Help on ABI - Linux ; As i am new to virtualization please tell me about term "ABI"...

  1. Help on ABI

    As i am new to virtualization please tell me about term "ABI"

  2. Re: Help on ABI

    Rahul wrote:
    > As i am new to virtualization please tell me about term "ABI"

    It is not restricted to virtualization.

    ABI is the "Application Binary Interface" and refers to how modules
    interact on the binary, i.e. machine, level: e.g. how parameters are
    passed, how data is layed out.

    Josef Möllers (Pinguinpfleger bei FSC)

  3. Re: Help on ABI

    On Oct 5, 2:32 pm, Josef Moellers
    wrote:
    > Rahul wrote:
    > > As i am new to virtualization please tell me about term "ABI"

    > It is not restricted to virtualization.
    >
    > ABI is the "Application Binary Interface" and refers to how modules
    > interact on the binary, i.e. machine, level: e.g. how parameters are
    > passed, how data is layed out.
    >
    > --
    > These are my personal views and not those of Fujitsu Siemens Computers!
    > Josef Möllers (Pinguinpfleger bei FSC)
    > If failure had no penalty success would not be a prize (T. Pratchett)
    > Company Details:http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/imprint.html

    Sir i doing a project in vitualization (Hypervisor) in that i have to
    implement the ABI support
    Please help me regarding this.

  4. Re: Help on ABI

    Rahul wrote:
    > On Oct 5, 2:32 pm, Josef Moellers
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Rahul wrote:
    >>
    >>>As i am new to virtualization please tell me about term "ABI"

    >>It is not restricted to virtualization.
    >>
    >>ABI is the "Application Binary Interface" and refers to how modules
    >>interact on the binary, i.e. machine, level: e.g. how parameters are
    >>passed, how data is layed out.

    > Sir i doing a project in vitualization (Hypervisor) in that i have to
    > implement the ABI support
    > Please help me regarding this.

    Sorry, I don't have any experience in the area of virtualization and/or
    hypervisors.

    Josef Möllers (Pinguinpfleger bei FSC)