[News] Skype 1.4 for Linux Released; KDE 4.0 Contest Announced - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Skype 1.4 for Linux Released; KDE 4.0 Contest Announced - Linux ; Skype 1.4 for Linux is here! ,----[ Quote ] | Following in the footsteps of the Great Cucumber and The Salad Sandwich comes | Panacea, the Greek goddess of cures. That’s the codename for our latest Linux | release, which ...

  1. [News] Skype 1.4 for Linux Released; KDE 4.0 Contest Announced

    Skype 1.4 for Linux is here!

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Following in the footsteps of the Great Cucumber and The Salad Sandwich comes
    | Panacea, the Greek goddess of cures. That’s the codename for our latest Linux
    | release, which went public today as Skype 1.4 for Linux.
    `----

    http://share.skype.com/sites/linux/2..._released.html

    KDE 4.0 Release Event Contest

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The KDE 4.0 Release Event Team is pleased to announce a contest for the KDE
    | 4.0 Release Event.
    `----

    http://dot.kde.org/1191506286/

    Recent:

    Announcing the KDE 4.0 Release Event

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | On January 17-19, the KDE community will present KDE 4.0 with a Release Event
    | at the Google headquarters in Mountain View, California.
    `----

    http://dot.kde.org/1191409937/

    Akademy 2008 to be Held in Belgium

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The annual KDE World Summit, Akademy, has found a home for 2008 in the heart
    | of Europe, Belgium.
    `----

    http://dot.kde.org/1191001763/

  2. Re: [News] Skype 1.4 for Linux Released; KDE 4.0 Contest Announced

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Skype 1.4 for Linux is here!
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Following in the footsteps of the Great Cucumber and The Salad Sandwich
    > | comes Panacea, the Greek goddess of cures. That’s the codename for our
    > | latest Linux release, which went public today as Skype 1.4 for Linux.
    > `----

    http://share.skype.com/sites/linux/2..._released.html

    Yes, it's here for lovers of the lock-in. Skype 1.4 has been around for
    yonks in beta version. Skype Windows is at version 3.5 something. Does
    this "spanking new version" offer video? ...uh no. Try another client that
    supports video? No can do, skype is proprietary so no other clients. You'll
    get features when Skype decides you'll get them; not before.
    Attila