Microsoft-sponsored security symposium's cause brain damage, claimssecurity expert - Linux

This is a discussion on Microsoft-sponsored security symposium's cause brain damage, claimssecurity expert - Linux ; ..---- | In a revelation that will come as a surprise to many today, a | security expert, who wishes to remain anonymous because he doesn't | exist, claims that attending Microsoft sponsored events, such as | the recent security ...

  1. Microsoft-sponsored security symposium's cause brain damage, claimssecurity expert

    ..----

    `----

    http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22157508-2,00.html

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "OOXML is a superb standard"
    | - GNU/Linux traitor, Miguel de Icaza.
    `----

    05:44:19 up 57 days, 4:39, 2 users, load average: 0.00, 0.03, 0.13

  2. Re: Microsoft-sponsored security symposium's cause brain damage, claims security expert

    ____/ [H]omer on Friday 05 October 2007 05:46 : \____

    > .----
    > | In a revelation that will come as a surprise to many today, a
    > | security expert, who wishes to remain anonymous because he doesn't
    > | exist, claims that attending Microsoft sponsored events, such as
    > | the recent security symposium at Santa Clara University, can cause
    > | irreversible brain damage in the attendees, making them inclined to
    > | spout gibberish.
    > |
    > | Dave Cullinane, eBay's chief information and security officer, was
    > | the first victim to be diagnosed with the debilitating condition,
    > | by local medical practitioner - Dr. Fraud, and panic quickly
    > | ensued, causing various attending members of the press to become
    > | spontaneously affected.
    > |
    > | "It's a form of hysteria", said Dr. Fraud whilst scratching his
    > | testicles. "The pathology of this disease is fascinating, it
    > | appears to spread orally at first, but subsequently mutates into a
    > | form that can even travel along electronic pathways."
    > |
    > | Meanwhile there are rumours that the FDA and local law enforcement
    > | officials may be called in, to investigate an allegation that the
    > | epidemic was started /deliberately/ by an unnamed Microsoft
    > | employee, a known carrier of the disease, who introduced the viral
    > | agent by urinating in the wine.
    > |
    > | Steve Blamer, Microsoft's CEO, was not available for comment at the
    > | time of publication.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22157508-2,00.html

    ToorCon ("Firefox security is a mess") sponsored by Microsoft

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Lately, I read the headline: "Open Source browser Firefox is so
    | critically flawed that it is impossible to fix, according to two
    | hackers." Further on, in the ZDNet article I read: "The hackers claim
    | they know of about 30 unpatched Firefox flaws. They don't plan to
    | disclose them, instead holding onto the bugs."
    |
    | Since that sounds suspicious, I decided to start searching for
    | connections with MS. Easy enough, here it is...
    `----

    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Get the most out of your hardware. Get Linux.