Re: [News] [SOT] Sony Attacks Consumer Rights, UC Berkeley Opensup - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] [SOT] Sony Attacks Consumer Rights, UC Berkeley Opensup - Linux ; Verily I say unto thee, that Roy Schestowitz spake thusly: > Sony BMG's chief anti-piracy lawyer: "Copying" music you own is "stealing" I'd like to make some kind sarcastic comment at this point, but my jaw is currently elsewhere. -- ...

  1. Re: [News] [SOT] Sony Attacks Consumer Rights, UC Berkeley Opensup

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "OOXML is a superb standard"
    | - GNU/Linux traitor, Miguel de Icaza.
    `----

    04:06:13 up 57 days, 3:01, 2 users, load average: 0.00, 0.05, 0.07

  2. Re: [News] [SOT] Sony Attacks Consumer Rights, UC Berkeley Opens up

    ____/ [H]omer on Friday 05 October 2007 04:07 : \____

    >> Sony BMG's chief anti-piracy lawyer: "Copying" music you own is "stealing"

    > I'd like to make some kind sarcastic comment at this point, but my jaw
    > is currently elsewhere.

    So should you. They're after you, K. It's a crime. How dare you care about
    digital preservation of your memories?

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "Life is too short to proofread"
    Mem: 515500k total, 444128k used, 71372k free, 5660k buffers

  3. Re: [News] [SOT] Sony Attacks Consumer Rights, UC Berkeley Opens up

    wrote
    on Fri, 05 Oct 2007 11:28:13 +0100
    <3474744.A4XE9OiEvy@schestowitz.com>:
    > ____/ [H]omer on Friday 05 October 2007 04:07 : \____

    >>> Sony BMG's chief anti-piracy lawyer: "Copying" music you own is "stealing"

    >> I'd like to make some kind sarcastic comment at this point, but my jaw
    >> is currently elsewhere.

    > So should you. They're after you, K. It's a crime. How dare you care about
    > digital preservation of your memories?

    Could be worse; they could be holding his jaw hostage.

    :-)

    (If he can sing, that would introduce additional
    complexities, methinks, such as unrealized revenue to Sony.
    I have no idea whether [H]omer can sing or not, so this
    is purely hypothetical on my part. Fortunately, singing
    requires proper shaping of the mouth, diaphragm, and tongue,
    which requires, among other things, the lower jaw...)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    People think that libraries are safe. They're wrong. They have ideas.
    (Also occasionally ectoplasmic slime and cute librarians.)

  4. Re: [SOT] Sony Attacks Consumer Rights, UC Berkeley Opens up

    On Oct 4, 8:07 pm, "[H]omer" wrote:

    > K.http://slated.org

    Just visited your site "slated"--hope I didn't catch a virus doing
    so... what a turd you are [L]oser.

    RL

  5. Re: [SOT] Sony Attacks Consumer Rights, UC Berkeley Opens up

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, raylopez99

    wrote
    on Fri, 05 Oct 2007 10:10:47 -0700
    <1191604247.217006.73960@50g2000hsm.googlegroups.co m>:
    > On Oct 4, 8:07 pm, "[H]omer" wrote:
    >
    >> K.http://slated.org
    >>

    > Just visited your site "slated"--hope I didn't catch a virus doing
    > so... what a turd you are [L]oser.
    >
    > RL

    And how did you visit his site? IE simply dumps one into
    the aforementioned "GET A PROPER WEB BROWSER!" webpage.
    Mozilla is presumably largely invulnerable to the
    simpler-minded malware. Dillo and Lynx are too st00pid.
    My Java workaround is on his blacklist (who knew?) and
    could load nothing.

    Of course, considering your general incompetence
    regarding stock markets, it's too much to hope for
    competence regarding malware removal, OS system design,
    and observations relating to a website.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Murphy was an optimist.

  6. Re: [SOT] Sony Attacks Consumer Rights, UC Berkeley Opens up

    Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:
    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, raylopez99 wrote on
    > Fri, 05 Oct 2007 10:10:47 -0700
    > <1191604247.217006.73960@50g2000hsm.googlegroups.co m>:
    >> On Oct 4, 8:07 pm, "[H]omer" wrote:
    >>
    >>> K.
    >>> http://slated.org

    >> Just visited your site "slated"--hope I didn't catch a virus doing
    >> so... what a turd you are [L]oser.

    Ah, seeing SeƱor Dopez spit the dummy, always brings a smile to my face.

    > And how did you visit his site? IE simply dumps one into the
    > aforementioned "GET A PROPER WEB BROWSER!" webpage. Mozilla is
    > presumably largely invulnerable to the simpler-minded malware. Dillo
    > and Lynx are too st00pid. My Java workaround is on his blacklist (who
    > knew?) and could load nothing.
    >
    > Of course, considering your general incompetence regarding stock
    > markets, it's too much to hope for competence regarding malware
    > removal, OS system design, and observations relating to a website.

    Yeah, what he said, but with a smirk at the end of it.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "OOXML is a superb standard"
    | - GNU/Linux traitor, Miguel de Icaza.
    `----

    23:05:09 up 57 days, 22:00, 3 users, load average: 0.15, 0.23, 0.19

+ Reply to Thread