[News] Fedora 8 Reaches Test 3 - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Fedora 8 Reaches Test 3 - Linux ; Announcing Fedora 8 Test 3 (7.92)! ,----[ Quote ] | Fedora 8 Test 3 is here! This is the last test release before the | development freeze and a great time to test all those packages that you | know ...

  1. [News] Fedora 8 Reaches Test 3

    Announcing Fedora 8 Test 3 (7.92)!

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Fedora 8 Test 3 is here! This is the last test release before the
    | development freeze and a great time to test all those packages that you
    | know and love.
    `----

    http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedor.../msg00001.html

    Related:

    Fedora 8 with NetworkManager 0.7 and KDE 4 development/runtime environment

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The Fedora development branch got a set of new packages: NetworkManager was
    | updated to a development snapshot of version 0.7, and KDE 4 base packages
    | found their way into the repository. *
    `----

    http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/0...e-environment/

    ReviewLinux.Com: Quick Look at the New Fedora Core 8

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | We decided to have a quick look at the new Fedora Core 8. With its GNOME
    | Desktop we found this distribution easy to install. Check out our short Flash
    | Video about Fedora Core 8! *
    `----

    http://www.reviewlinux.com/index.php?m=show&id=7017

    Fedora 8 Test 2 Release Notes

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | This is the time for all developers, maintainers and testers to contribute to
    | the Release Notes.
    `----

    http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F8Test2/ReleaseNotes

    Fedora 8 Test 2 [Screenshots]

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Fedora 8 Test 2 hit the web this morning and accompanying this release are
    | now four LiveCD images.
    `----

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item=835&num=1

    Installing Fedora - a video tour

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Ready to try Linux but want some hand-holding when you do? Here are three
    | videos that walk you through the process of installing Fedora GNU/Linux.
    `----

    http://www.linux.com/feature/117384

    Bluetooth Improvements

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | It used to be that taking advantage of Bluetooth on your system could be
    | fiddly, and for the non-power user pretty intimidating; Fedora 8 hopes to
    | change this with improvements to the interface and better integration of
    | existing systems. *
    `----

    http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Interviews/BastianNocera

    Fedora 7: A Solid Core Distribution

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Overall, Fedora is a good distribution to consider both for an easy-to-use
    | desktop and for a basic home or small-office server. The user interface and
    | security features are first-class, and the rest of the environment is
    | straightforward, particularly if you are used to Red Hat. When deciding
    | between Linux distributions to try out, Fedora should certainly be on the
    | list.
    `----

    http://www.brighthub.com/Reviews/tab...tribution.aspx
    http://tinyurl.com/39bsxe

    First look at Fedora 7

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The last time I used Red Hat was version 5.2 back in 1999 when
    | I was introduced to Linux by Andrew Tridgell (of Samba and
    | rsync fame).
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | 8 out of 10 'Smarties'.
    `----

    http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?is...070604#feature

    Review: Fedora 7

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Fedora 7 helps to convince me that the time when the major
    | GNU/Linux distributions were distinctive is rapidly passing.
    | These days, innovation seems centered on the desktop or the
    | individual program. Major distributions have become so mature
    | that their role is mostly integration, and they are starting
    | to look increasingly the same.
    `----

    http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osr...le.php/3680246

    Fedora 7 Moonshine - first impressions

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Fedora 7 comes along with a pretty impressive set of changes - however,t
    | he average user will not see most of them. Especially if he upgrades a
    | highly personalized system like mine and additional runs KDE which
    | traditionally does not get so many improvements in Fedora.
    `----

    http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/0...t-impressions/

    Review: Flying High with Fedora 7

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | As their "Flying High" theme promises, Fedora 7 is indeed a great plane to
    | fly. It is a first class distro that demonstrates solid progress in improving
    | the user experience, easing the move to virtualization and enabling the user
    | to create their own flying machine through custom build tools. *
    `----

    http://www.technetra.com/writings/ar...eview-fedora-7

  2. Re: [News] Fedora 8 Reaches Test 3

    > Announcing Fedora 8 Test 3 (7.92)!

    Splunge! Damn you Fedora ... slow down! I still haven't upgraded my
    lappy to F7 yet!!! Oh well, I guess it beats waiting 6 years, only to be
    slapped in the face with Vista.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "OOXML is a superb standard"
    | - GNU/Linux traitor, Miguel de Icaza.
    `----

    04:45:15 up 57 days, 3:40, 2 users, load average: 0.00, 0.03, 0.01

+ Reply to Thread