[News] [Rival] VAR: Nobody Stays with Windows Vista - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] [Rival] VAR: Nobody Stays with Windows Vista - Linux ; Vista: None for All? ,----[ Quote ] | Yesterday, I spoke with a VAR buddy who has several large clients in the | Washington, DC metro area. His largest client, a sizable software developer, | is sticking with XP because ...

  1. [News] [Rival] VAR: Nobody Stays with Windows Vista

    Vista: None for All?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Yesterday, I spoke with a VAR buddy who has several large clients in the
    | Washington, DC metro area. His largest client, a sizable software developer,
    | is sticking with XP because he demanded it. For a short time, the company
    | president used Vista on a new, Sony VAIO T series notebook but later switched
    | back to XP.
    |
    | "Everyone—every single person—that I put on Vista has switched back to XP,"
    | he said. "It's too complicated."
    `----

    Vista must be as complicated as FreeBSD. New review:

    The Penguin Grows Horns: Installing FreeBSD

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | First impressions: FreeBSD is hard to install. Damn hard. I am the veteran of
    | some 50 to 100 operating system installs in my lifetime, and I blew FreeBSD
    | five amazing times and had to start over.
    `----

    http://penguinpetes.com/b2evo/index....&c=1&tb=1&pb=1
    http://tinyurl.com/2ljknc

    Only masochists still use Vista.

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] VAR: Nobody Stays with Windows Vista

    > | "Everyone—every single person—that I put on Vista has switched back
    > | to XP," he said. "It's too complicated."

    Shhh, don't tell flatty's latest nym (Barbie Hair-dryer). Allegedly he's
    had "phenominal(sic) success rolling over Vista" ... or was it "rolling
    down", I forget. He's set up billions of them ... all over the world, or
    possibly just his apartment, but whatever - it's the thought that
    counts, Gawd bless 'im.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "OOXML is a superb standard"
    | - GNU/Linux traitor, Miguel de Icaza.
    `----

    05:00:15 up 57 days, 3:55, 2 users, load average: 0.05, 0.02, 0.00

  3. Re: [News] [Rival] VAR: Nobody Stays with Windows Vista

    ____/ [H]omer on Friday 05 October 2007 05:02 : \____

    >> | "Everyone—every single person—that I put on Vista has switched back
    >> | to XP," he said. "It's too complicated."

    > Shhh, don't tell flatty's latest nym (Barbie Hair-dryer). Allegedly he's
    > had "phenominal(sic) success rolling over Vista" ... or was it "rolling
    > down", I forget. He's set up billions of them ... all over the world, or
    > possibly just his apartment, but whatever - it's the thought that
    > counts, Gawd bless 'im.

    Maybe that's why the nyms are changing all the time. Each previous nym and
    persona has dumped Vista.

    http://101out.com/misc/vista.gif

    Vista is everywhere!

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "These characters were randomly picked"
    Cpu(s): 27.5%us, 4.7%sy, 1.0%ni, 61.4%id, 4.9%wa, 0.3%hi, 0.2%si, 0.0%st