occupied ports - Linux

This is a discussion on occupied ports - Linux ; Hi I am running a web application, which uses a few ports, on a RH linux server. I have the root priviledge of the server. Is there any linux command to check the ports that are being used on the ...

  1. occupied ports

    Hi

    I am running a web application, which uses a few ports, on a RH linux
    server. I have the root priviledge of the server. Is there any linux command
    to check the ports that are being used on the server?

    Thanks

  2. Re: occupied ports

    On Fri, 05 Oct 2007, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux, in article
    , a wrote:

    >I am running a web application, which uses a few ports, on a RH linux
    >server. I have the root priviledge of the server. Is there any linux
    >command to check the ports that are being used on the server?

    [compton ~]$ whatis netstat
    netstat (8) - Display network connections, routing tables,
    interface statistics, masquerade connections and netlink messages
    [compton ~]$

    Try '/bin/netstat -anptu'

    Old guy

  3. Re: occupied ports

    try "lsof"

    Alexander Spitzer
    Bonsai Bonanza
    http://www.BonsaiBonanza.com

    a wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I am running a web application, which uses a few ports, on a RH linux
    > server. I have the root priviledge of the server. Is there any linux command
    > to check the ports that are being used on the server?
    >
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread