running through kernel stack - Kernel

This is a discussion on running through kernel stack - Kernel ; In kernel module, I want to run through whole kernel stack and find the backtrace only addresses are sifficuent. and how Do I know the stack size, or how much stack has grown ? my kernel is configure with CONFIG_FRAME_POINTER=N ...

  1. running through kernel stack

    In kernel module, I want to run through whole kernel stack and find the backtrace
    only addresses are sifficuent.
    and how Do I know the stack size, or how much stack has grown ?

    my kernel is configure with CONFIG_FRAME_POINTER=N
    so no ebp is available.

  2. Re: running through kernel stack

    I think I got the answer.
    I need to use

    previous_esp of the struct thread_info...
    similar to the kernel function show_trace_log_lvl

    please correct em If I am wrong.

+ Reply to Thread