Status of Xen in vanilla? - Kernel

This is a discussion on Status of Xen in vanilla? - Kernel ; Hi! I'm wondering about the status of Xen support in the vanilla kernel. I know that DomU support is inside the kernel an evolving, but I did not find an up-to-date hint about the status of Dom0 support. A while ...

  1. Status of Xen in vanilla?

    Hi!

    I'm wondering about the status of Xen support in the vanilla kernel.
    I know that DomU support is inside the kernel an evolving, but I did
    not find an up-to-date hint about the status of Dom0 support.

    A while ago I read that it should be included in 2.6.28, but I do not
    find any current pointer about the status of this.

    Thanks for hacking on it!

    (No need for CC'ing me, I'm subscribed.)

    Ciao
    Max
    --
    Follow the white penguin.

  2. Re: Status of Xen in vanilla?

    Maximilian Wilhelm wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I'm wondering about the status of Xen support in the vanilla kernel.
    > I know that DomU support is inside the kernel an evolving, but I did
    > not find an up-to-date hint about the status of Dom0 support.
    >
    > A while ago I read that it should be included in 2.6.28, but I do not
    > find any current pointer about the status of this.

    ..28 was a bit optimistic; .29 seems reasonable. The current dom0 kernel
    patches can boot up to a fully functional dom0 usersmode, and you can
    start xend to see that domain 0 is running. I *think* in theory you can
    create a deviceless domain, but I haven't tried it. I'm currently
    working on blktap support.

    I really need to put together a proper status update. Now that dom0
    usermode is working, its a much better base for other people start
    contributing.