Question about CardBus support and ExpressCard? - Kernel

This is a discussion on Question about CardBus support and ExpressCard? - Kernel ; I'm configuring 26.27.2 right now and my laptop supports ExpressCard but not CardBus? Do I still need CardBus kernel support for the ExpressCard slot to function properly? -- Andrey Vul A: Because it messes up the order in which people ...

  1. Question about CardBus support and ExpressCard?

    --
    Andrey Vul

    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    A: Top-posting.

  2. Re: Question about CardBus support and ExpressCard?

    On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 21:34, Andrey Vul wrote:
    > I'm configuring 26.27.2 right now and my laptop supports ExpressCard
    > but not CardBus?
    > Do I still need CardBus kernel support for the ExpressCard slot to
    > function properly?

    Apart from PCI Express hotplug.

  3. Re: Question about CardBus support and ExpressCard?

    On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 09:36:57PM -0500, Andrey Vul wrote:
    > On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 21:34, Andrey Vul wrote:
    > > I'm configuring 26.27.2 right now and my laptop supports ExpressCard
    > > but not CardBus?
    > > Do I still need CardBus kernel support for the ExpressCard slot to
    > > function properly?

    > Apart from PCI Express hotplug.

    No, you should not.

    good luck,