EHCI "on the go" - Kernel

This is a discussion on EHCI "on the go" - Kernel ; Hi. Due to some problems with the EHCI in an IXP465, I have found that this micro has an "on the go" feature. One of its features seems to be an "Embedded Transaction Translator", that seems to be quite "propietary". ...

  1. EHCI "on the go"

    Hi.

    Due to some problems with the EHCI in an IXP465, I have found that
    this micro has an "on the go" feature. One of its features seems to be
    an "Embedded Transaction Translator", that seems to be quite
    "propietary".

    I see in ehci.h, that using CONFIG_USB_EHCI_ROOT_HUB_TT, a function
    called "ehci_port_speed" has been added, and the comments suggest to
    implement the particularities of each controller with other functions.

    The question is:
    - Are there many different implementations (it seems there are not,
    because I cannot see code for each of them... unless they are so
    particular that they do not even use the general interface)?
    - Is there any place comparing the similarities / differences between them?

    Thanks

    Miguel ┴ngel ┴lvarez

  2. Re: EHCI "on the go"

    Miguel Ángel Álvarez wrote:
    > Hi.
    >
    > Due to some problems with the EHCI in an IXP465, I have found that
    > this micro has an "on the go" feature. One of its features seems to be
    > an "Embedded Transaction Translator", that seems to be quite
    > "propietary".
    >
    > I see in ehci.h, that using CONFIG_USB_EHCI_ROOT_HUB_TT, a function
    > called "ehci_port_speed" has been added, and the comments suggest to
    > implement the particularities of each controller with other functions.
    >
    > The question is:
    > - Are there many different implementations (it seems there are not,
    > because I cannot see code for each of them... unless they are so
    > particular that they do not even use the general interface)?
    > - Is there any place comparing the similarities / differences between them?

    I only know of one interface for this, which is based on hardware IP I
    believe is currently owned by ChipIdea. It's pretty straightforward; it
    functionally does the same translation for the root port as a separate
    hub would do for a full speed/low speed downstream port.

    -hpa