IXP4XX Maintainer - Kernel

This is a discussion on IXP4XX Maintainer - Kernel ; Sorry for the question, but... who is supposed to be the mainteiner for IXP4XX cpus? Thanks Miguel ┴ngel ┴lvarez -- To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo ...

  1. IXP4XX Maintainer

    Sorry for the question, but... who is supposed to be the mainteiner
    for IXP4XX cpus?

    Thanks

    Miguel ┴ngel ┴lvarez

  2. Re: IXP4XX Maintainer

    On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 07:37:09 +0100, Miguel Ángel Álvarez
    wrote:

    > Sorry for the question, but... who is supposed to be the mainteiner
    > for IXP4XX cpus?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Miguel Ángel Álvarez

    I was supposed to pick it up, just Real Life (tm) got in the way.. I'll
    queue up my pending
    patches during this week, and submit them to the arm-kernel list.

    On the other hand, if you have questions/patches against the NPE drivers,
    Kryzsztof is the one
    you are looking for.

    Imre

  3. Re: IXP4XX Maintainer

    Imre Kaloz wrote:
    > On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 07:37:09 +0100, Miguel Ángel Álvarez
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Sorry for the question, but... who is supposed to be the mainteiner
    >> for IXP4XX cpus?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Miguel Ángel Álvarez

    > I was supposed to pick it up, just Real Life (tm) got in the way..
    > I'll queue up my pending
    > patches during this week, and submit them to the arm-kernel list.

    A lot of the stuff in openwrt svn would be nice to see mainline :-)

    I'm most interested in
    https://svn.openwrt.org/openwrt/trun...2*-npe_driver*

    I'm using these now on an IXP425 and IXP435 with good results.
    --
    karl

    svn

  4. Re: IXP4XX Maintainer

    On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 01:21:43PM +0100, Karl Hiramoto wrote:
    > Imre Kaloz wrote:
    > > I was supposed to pick it up, just Real Life (tm) got in the way..
    > > I'll queue up my pending
    > > patches during this week, and submit them to the arm-kernel list.

    That fills me with dread.

    > A lot of the stuff in openwrt svn would be nice to see mainline :-)

    I don't have the bandwidth to review this stuff, so the only way
    progress is going to be made is if that's sorted out first.

    I've been asking for a maintainer for IXP4xx stuff, and Imre did
    volunteer. However, if Imre's not able to do so, we need someone
    else to take that job on.

    So, can someone from the openwrt community (who seem to be the active
    IXP4xx folk) volunteer to replace Imre?

  5. Re: IXP4XX Maintainer

    On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 13:34:05 +0100, Russell King - ARM Linux
    wrote:

    > On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 01:21:43PM +0100, Karl Hiramoto wrote:
    >> Imre Kaloz wrote:
    >> > I was supposed to pick it up, just Real Life (tm) got in the way..
    >> > I'll queue up my pending
    >> > patches during this week, and submit them to the arm-kernel list.

    > That fills me with dread.

    No pain, no gain You can merge them when you have time - the biggest
    problem right now (IMHO) is the lack of central repository for platform
    patches - OpenWrt isn't an official one.

    >> A lot of the stuff in openwrt svn would be nice to see mainline :-)

    > I don't have the bandwidth to review this stuff, so the only way
    > progress is going to be made is if that's sorted out first.
    >
    > I've been asking for a maintainer for IXP4xx stuff, and Imre did
    > volunteer. However, if Imre's not able to do so, we need someone
    > else to take that job on.
    >
    > So, can someone from the openwrt community (who seem to be the active
    > IXP4xx folk) volunteer to replace Imre?

    That's not necessary, things have settled down. I'll submit the NPE patches
    to Krysztof as well, so hopefully everything goes mainline really soon.

    Imre

  6. Re: IXP4XX Maintainer

    Thanks for the answers, and thanks for your efforts, Imre.

    I was a bit lost of the person to send my questions to.

    Miguel ┴ngel