kuroboxHG.dts compile FATAL ERROR on 2.6.26 - Kernel

This is a discussion on kuroboxHG.dts compile FATAL ERROR on 2.6.26 - Kernel ; Hello all I'm updating the kernel on my kurobox and I'm stuck with an error when I try to compile the dts file, here is the exact error: # dtc -f -I dts -O dtb -o kuroboxHG.dtb -V 16 kuroboxHG.dts ...

  1. kuroboxHG.dts compile FATAL ERROR on 2.6.26

    Hello all
    I'm updating the kernel on my kurobox and I'm stuck with an error when I try to compile the dts file, here is the exact error:

    # dtc -f -I dts -O dtb -o kuroboxHG.dtb -V 16 kuroboxHG.dts
    DTC: dts->dtb on file "kuroboxHG.dts"
    kuroboxHG.dts:21 syntax error
    FATAL ERROR: Couldn't read input tree

    even if I remove line 21 I get:

    # dtc -f -I dts -O dtb -o kuroboxHG.dtb -V 16 kuroboxHG.dts
    DTC: dts->dtb on file "kuroboxHG.dts"
    kuroboxHG.dts:28 syntax error
    FATAL ERROR: Couldn't read input tree

    sorry, but I'm totally ignorant about dts syntax and can't correct any error.
    Any help will be greately appreciated

    regards,

    --
    Matteo 'Peach' Pescarin

  2. Re: kuroboxHG.dts compile FATAL ERROR on 2.6.26

    On Sun, 2 Nov 2008, The Peach wrote:

    > Hello all
    > I'm updating the kernel on my kurobox and I'm stuck with an error when I
    > try to compile the dts file, here is the exact error:
    >

    > # dtc -f -I dts -O dtb -o kuroboxHG.dtb -V 16 kuroboxHG.dts
    > DTC: dts->dtb on file "kuroboxHG.dts"
    > kuroboxHG.dts:21 syntax error
    > FATAL ERROR: Couldn't read input tree
    >
    > even if I remove line 21 I get:
    >
    > # dtc -f -I dts -O dtb -o kuroboxHG.dtb -V 16 kuroboxHG.dts
    > DTC: dts->dtb on file "kuroboxHG.dts"
    > kuroboxHG.dts:28 syntax error
    > FATAL ERROR: Couldn't read input tree

    Looks like you're using an old version of dtc. Try using dtc from the same
    kernel from which .dts you're compiling:

    linux-2.6/arch/powerpc/boot/dts$ ../dtc -I dts -O dtb -V 16 -o /tmp/kuroboxHG.dtb kuroboxHG.dts
    DTC: dts->dtb on file "kuroboxHG.dts"

    > sorry, but I'm totally ignorant about dts syntax and can't correct any error.
    > Any help will be greately appreciated

    powerpc specific questions are better directed to linuxppc-dev@ozlabs.org

    Thanks
    Guennadi
    ---
    Guennadi Liakhovetski, Ph.D.

  3. Re: kuroboxHG.dts compile FATAL ERROR on 2.6.26

    On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 20:15:21 +0100 (CET)
    Guennadi wrote:

    > Looks like you're using an old version of dtc. Try using dtc from the same
    > kernel from which .dts you're compiling:
    >
    > linux-2.6/arch/powerpc/boot/dts$ ../dtc -I dts -O dtb -V 16 -o /tmp/kuroboxHG.dtb kuroboxHG.dts
    > DTC: dts->dtb on file "kuroboxHG.dts"

    sorry, I didn't notice dtc was "in bundle" with kernel sources.

    question solved, thanks

    --
    Matteo 'Peach' Pescarin