[STAGING]: How does one set CONFIG_STAGING=y in 2.6.28-rc2 ? - Kernel

This is a discussion on [STAGING]: How does one set CONFIG_STAGING=y in 2.6.28-rc2 ? - Kernel ; I want to experiment with the "staging" driver go7007 in 2.6.28-rc2 (try to build on ARM/orion_5x) There seems no way to configure the build system to see the drivers in drivers/staging. Is this a missing patch to kbuild, or have ...

  1. [STAGING]: How does one set CONFIG_STAGING=y in 2.6.28-rc2 ?

    I want to experiment with the "staging" driver go7007 in 2.6.28-rc2 (try to build on ARM/orion_5x)

    There seems no way to configure the build system to see the drivers in drivers/staging.
    Is this a missing patch to kbuild, or have I missed something?

    Thanks for any guidance. There seems to be no doc on use of "staging" code.

  2. Re: [STAGING]: How does one set CONFIG_STAGING=y in 2.6.28-rc2 ?

    On Sat, 1 Nov 2008, f.duncan.m.haldane@att.net wrote:

    > I want to experiment with the "staging" driver go7007 in 2.6.28-rc2 (try
    > to build on ARM/orion_5x)
    > There seems no way to configure the build system to see the drivers in
    > drivers/staging. Is this a missing patch to kbuild, or have I missed
    > something?

    It should be seen under Device Drivers -> Staging drivers in menuconfig.
    Works for me. CONFIG_STAGING doesn't have any dependency, so you really
    should be able to see it.

    --
    Jiri Kosina
    SUSE Labs