Ralink RT2700E driver - Kernel

  2. Re: Ralink RT2700E driver

    On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 2:48 PM, Artur Szymczak wrote:
    > Hi,
    > why WiFi cards with ralink chipset RT2700E are not supported by linux
    > kernel?
    > I found on ralink homepage driver for this chipset
    > http://www.ralinktech.com/ralink/Hom...ort/Linux.html (2860). And it
    > works. Why it isn't added to kernel?
    >
    > Best regards

    A driver for the 2860 has been added to Greg Kroah-Hartman's staging
    tree. You can obtain this tree, a set of Quilt patches, here:
    http://kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kern...h/patches.git/ (If
    you need help getting the patchset, email me personally and I'll walk
    you though it)

    Now there do appear to be several other drivers on the webpage you
    mentioned, and I'm not sure if all of those others are supported. Greg
    could probably clear that up. But the 2860 support is coming.

    ~J.R.